13.I am confused

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"You don't need to do that,I can manage,"I said as he stepped beside me,taking one of the the unwashed dishes from the sink to clean.

"I am not going out with a burp while you clean my dishes,"he retorted.Despite my protest he finally agreed to dry the plates with a cloth while I wash them.

"You like exerting control,don't you?"I asked.

"That's my forte,can't help."He shrugged his shoulders,seemingly subdued.

Often we find no answers to our question despite our attempt to seek one and at this point he is a quest that I need to solve with a few hints here and there.

"I see that,"I replied.

"Do you find it annoying when I exert control?"he asked.

"I think the need to be in control arises when you feel that certain things don't always happen the way you plan.During travels,we often find ourselves doing stuff which wasn't a part of our itinerary."

"What if I am a person who likes to do things as planned?"he asked,staring me in the eyes.

"You soon lose control.There are times when you don't see your life going as per your plan and that's okay.Just relax and make the best of the situation.These are the setbacks which are meant to happen.If you are that sort of person who likes being in control then you'll start hyperventilating to get your life back to track.You will miss those tiny moments which you were supposed to enjoy but since you felt out of control,you would be busy making things right and missing those lessons you were supposed to learn during those setbacks."

His face was devoid of any emotion.He gawked at me with incredulity."I never thought of it that way."He said.I passed him a smile and got back to washing dishes.

"We are all so confident of ourselves and at times we never give a thought to the fact that the things we believed to be right may also be wrong."I said.I passed him the cup I had washed.He dried the cup with the cloth and placed it at a certain angel.He was too organised.

"In short,life is a game of deception."He said.He seemed to be in disbelief,as if he had discovered the truth.

"Yeah and we all happen to be the players in this game,"I said.

"In that case,I am a terrible player."He said,mocking himself.

"No.We are all terrible players and the less terrible among us wins the game.No one can be perfect,"I said,giggling.

"You view your life in a different spectrum and it's so much better than my perception,"He said.He leaned against the kitchen slab and in this way we could see each other without any obstruction.He looked at me with wonderment.

"Everyone have their own views regarding life and there is no single meaning to it."

His cell vibrated with a call,interrupting our discussion.

"Sorry,I will have to take this call,"he said.I nodded my head indicating him to go ahead.

He moved towards the open outlet attached to my living room.I continued washing the dishes.After a few minutes he returned back with a frown on his face.I hated his frown,it clearly indicated his bad mood and temper.