21.Sounds like a plan

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"Will you just stop doing that,"he snapped with his usual smug on his face.

"Easy for you to say that,"I snapped right back. God, he could just kick me out if I continue doing this. I am practically killing myself with the overbearing stress and dragging him into it with my constant freaking.Its just that, this day happens to be one of those days where you can change your destiny. Today is the day for which I have been working my ass off, my debut as a fashion designer and yes there is a freaking show I get to put up tonight.I just have my fingers crossed and yeah a little bit of a freak show in front of Mr. James Bond, here.

I had been given this morning off for a good nap as I was busy the other night finalizing and organising for the show but sleep was no where around. I just wanted someone, who would put up with my psychic behaviour and the next moment I was found banging the door of my boyfriend's apartment and here I am at his place circling the armchair round and round stating the dreadful possibilities of what could go wrong.

"What if my designs are pathetic as I am,"I voiced out as I kept on roaming around the armchair on which he was busy working in his laptop.

"First, you are not pathetic -just a bit overwhelming sometimes and second,your designs are extravagant,"he tried assuring me for the nth time as his fingers were busy on the keyboard.

"Argh, you haven't even looked at my work and you better not try to flatter me with your debatable compliments," I retorted.

Well it's been two weeks since we kind of started afresh and after knowing that his sister is practically my boss, I had a tough time working around her though she didn't display any sort of uncomfortable behaviour.Right now things are too overwhelming.I had spoken to Ross a week before and she kept on saying on how to take things slow until we both sort out our feelings and also she wanted me to face-time her so that I could introduce Shivaay to her.I was still not able to digest the fact that my mother had spoken to Shivaay and some part of me thought it's better to delay Rosalie's request of meeting him.

"Uhm, I may not have gotten a chance to take a look yet but I believe my sister,as she wouldn't have hired you if you weren't exceptional."He commented,working on his laptop.

I lifted up a cushion right beside me and threw it right at him though it missed him by an inch.

"What?"he snapped with a shock clearly visible on his face.

"You are such an idiot!You don't believe in my talent instead you believe in your sister for hiring me,"I mocked.

He closed his laptop keeping it right beside him and let out a sigh.

"You are being crazy, Ani. You just told me not to flatter you with compliments and when I am doing what you said, you have a problem with that. Now, you need to tell me what exactly should I do." He folded his arms against his chest waiting for an explanation.

He was right, I was the one whose mind was in chaos.

"I am sorry, it's the stress that I can't handle," I apologized as I sat on the near by sofa.

"Just calm your nerves.I know how does it feel, I have been through that.When I started out my first venture, I was a wrecked piece of shit. If my venture failed,I would be in debt with such a huge investment but at that point I had to believe myself and trust my hard work as I knew it wouldn't go all in vain."

He kneeled down, lifting my hands off my forehead. He lifted my moulded palm up to his face as he pressed his soft lips against it.His single action could calm my chaotic nerves.

"You are coming right-tonight? " I asked.

"I am. I wouldn't miss it for anything else. I will be right there for you.I can't wait see all the people appreciating my girl at the end."

I sniffed back my tears with a huge grin plastered across my face.

"I better pull up my socks tonight or your sister would have me by my neck." I giggled.

"I won't let her do that.You better impress her tonight,"he chuckled as he leaned forward wrapping his arms around my neck before pulling me into his warm embrace.

"I will." I voiced out as I leaned sideways to press my lips against his ear lobe and I could sense him relaxing in my embrace.He leaned back after a few seconds and I was already missing his warmth.

"I will introduce you to my people,tonight" he promised.

"Your family? "

"Yes."

I kissed the bridge of his nose as I knew how much it means to him to open up to me.

"I just booked us a table.I assumed you wanted to meet my family so your wish is granted."

"How many people are gonna be there? " I asked out of pure curiosity.

"My sister and her family."

"Will Raunak be there?"

"Yes." He answered with a smile.Raunak is Riddhi's son.I have seen Shivaay video call Raunak at least thrice in a week.That kid is insanely cute and I have been waiting patiently to meet him.I and Shivaay had decided to settle ourselves in our relationship before I met his family.

"I am nervous now," I stated.

"You don't have to be, I will be there right beside you. Believe me, Riddhi- your boss is completely different than Riddhi-my sister. "

I hummed in response. Tonight was definitely a huge deal.

__________________

Do vote and comment.

P. s-What's your opinion on their relationship?

Are they heading too fast, slow or moderate?