Chapter 1: Not So Serious Issues

The life of Amelia Davenport was every girl's dream come true. The typical 'every guy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her' situation but things were not exactly as they seemed at the Davenport house. Her seemingly perfect life was crumbling beneath her.

Every morning she does the same exact routine. She goes through the motions of portraying herself as the perfect lavish princess for the outside world to see. She has never once wanted anything more than what she had because well, she had everything everyone else wished they had. Until finally one day she woke up and realized that she wanted things to be different, she needed things to be different. She felt as if her life was completely and totally out of her control and instead was planned under a microscope by her prestigious parents. She's a Davenport and Davenport's are made of success, there is no room for failure, no leisure for mistakes, and no air for any kind of freedom.

She's so incredibly sick of the way that she has been living. She has been silent for long enough, now is her time to finally break free and pursue bigger and better things.

This realization didn't just happen for Amelia, the following sequence of events took place for her to reach her breaking point. An arranged marriage to her longtime boyfriend was only the tip of the ice berg.

This day started just like every other day of her life, at her family's country club.

Amelia

I make my way through the crowded grand foyer, out onto the patio to find my younger sister. I glance around in search of her until I finally see her sitting down on one of the outdoor lounge chairs talking to one of the pool boys. I can never tell the difference between any of them, they all begin to blend into each other after awhile. As I approach them I can tell that her otherwise fair complexion is being overtaken by the rosiness of her nose and cheeks, which is a clear indicator to me that she has been tanning for a quite awhile.

"Hey Caelynn, what are you doing?" I question as they giggle about something that they had previously been discussing.

She looks up at me shyly, "Not much, I was just taking a break from tanning."

"Okay..." I nod and glance over at the pool boy, who still hasn't gotten the hint to leave. "So what were you two talking about?"

They exchange looks and immediately start smiling. The pool boy runs his hand through the front of his dark brown hair, tousling it up a bit. Caelynn giggles, coyly looking down at her hands.

"Anyone gonna tell me?" I question, strictly crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't remember." Caelynn mumbles.

"Okay..." I give the pool boy another look, clearly telling him to get lost. The kid remains clueless still not taking a hint. It's as if I have to spell it out for him that he needs to go. "Don't you have a job that you should be getting back to?"

"Well yeah but I was on break for lunch so I..."

"That's great! I'm sure your break is probably over by now so you should really be getting back to work. You're not getting paid to just sit around talking to my sister." I interrupt him.

His olive toned cheeks flush, "Yeah, you're right. Sorry." He mumbles as he gets up from off of the chair. He looks at Caelynn and raises his eyesbrows, sucking his lips into his mouth. He gives her a slight glance, "I'll see you around."

She nods and smiles but as he walks away her smile fades. "What do you need, Amelia?"

"I need you to stay away from that pool boy."

"He has a name, it's Augustus but he goes by Gus. We're just friends. He doesn't see me like that, guys don't see me like that in general."

"Right. Good. If dad and mom found out that you were in love with the pool boy that wouldn't end well for you." I explain to her.