9: The Magical things

When you think he's not right for you, and he's too exquisitely hot for you, you later find out he's not just your side Values. After you realize you like them ~|Printerst|~

Brielle's POV

Jace opens the door to the black Mercedes Benz, and I clamber in. It's a beast of a car. He hasn't mentioned the outburst of annoying me. Bitch.

I glance at him. Jace is his usual polite, slightly distant self. How confusing. he starts the engine and reverses out of his space in the parking lot. He switches on the MP3 player, and The car interior is filled with the sweetest, most magical music Alessa Cara 'Scars to your beautiful ' playing. My senses are in disarray. So this is doubly affecting and sends delicious shivers up my spine that I feel like singing along as he drives.

Jace pulls out onto Lucca Avenue, and he drives with ease. Lazy confidence.

"My taste is eclectic, Brielle," He looks at me briefly as if he's reading my mind.

Dick.

The music is interrupted by a cell phone ringing over the MP3 speakers. Jace hits a button on the steering wheel. "De Leon!" he snaps.

He's so brusque.

"Mr. De Leon. It's Angelo speaking. I have the information you require." A rasping disembodied voice comes over the speakers.

"Good. Email it to me. anything to add?"

"No, sir"

He presses the button, the call ceases, and the music is back—no goodbye or thanks. I'm so glad that I never seriously entertained the thought of working for him.

I shudder at the very idea. He's just too controlling and cold with his employees. The music cuts off again with this. He hisses.

"De Leon."

"The LMPT holding company. The secretary has dropped an email to for you. Mr. De Leon ." A woman's voice sounded out.

"Good. That's all, Reyna."

"Have a Good day, Sir."

Jace hangs up. The music was on but was interrupted again when the phone rang.

Holy cow. is this his life? Nagging phone calls?

"De Leon. Again." he snaps.

"Hi. Jace. did 'you get laid?" A hoarse was heard from the connected Bluetooth.

"Hello. Enri? Oh, Luca- I'm on speakerphone, and I'm not alone in the car," Jace sighs.

"Who's with you?"Jace rolls his eyes.

"Brielle Damara."

"Hi. Brielle!"

"She doesn't know you. So back off." Jace cautioned.

"Hello!" I slowly speak. I was looking sternly at Jace.

"Heard a lot about you," Luca murmurs huskily.

Jace frowns.

"Don't believe a word Hera says." Luca giggles.

"I'm dropping Brie off now," Jace emphasizes my name. "Shall I pick you up?"

"Sure." He huffed sharply.

"See you shortly." Jace hangs up. Then again, music is back.

"Why do you insist on calling me, Brie?" I look intensely at him.

"Because it's your name." he frowns.

"I prefer Brielle." I frowned.

"No one tells me what to do. It's my world and my rules," he grumbles.