| 26 |

Sitting alone in his office, he was looking at the full moon shining down at him

Sitting alone in his office, he was looking at the full moon shining down at him. He raised his hand and watched the moonlight peek between his fingers. It was an ethereally beautiful sight. The red on his hand glimmering under the moon. The blood was his yet he didn't find it painful, well, not as painful as what his heart was feeling. He watched his hands slowly heal.

Red

Just like her. The girl who stayed in his mind even after four years. Just one glance at her was all it took for her to be engraved in his mind.

Who was she? He didn't know.

What was she to him? He was unsure.

Will he ever meet her again? He hoped so.

He wanted to meet and confirm if he remembered her correctly. If her eyes were as blue as they were in his dreams, if her voice was as soft as he believed and if she was as beautiful as he remembered, or was she just a hallucination.

He wanted to find her.

And that was what he has been doing for the past four years.

•☾•

Scarlett stood at the small podium looking down at her pack. Around two hundred people stood there, watching her in admiration and respect.

They were people labeled as an outcast, thrown away by their own people in the lone world. She was the first person who outstretched her hand to them and took them under her protection. Men and women of all ages became a part of her pack, all given a chance to live again.

"Where are trouble maker duo?" She looked at Brielle who was arranging some papers for her. 

"Who knows," Brielle shrugged fixing her glasses. "The last time I saw them was this morning when they left for  'hunting' as they called it."

Scarlett shook her head in defeat, "What are they up to know?" 

"Nothing serious," Scarlett looked up to see Derek and Clara making a grand entrance in the hall.

Covered in snow and dirt, both were wearing their hunting gears and a bow set on their backs.

They looked exactly alike. With identical thin slitted eyes and porcelain white skin, the two looked like the sweetest angels one could ever meet however looks could be deceiving. Ekena had learned that first hand when she had decided to take these two in. Such a huge mistake she had done as the two had turned the whole pack upside down on the very next day. But the whole pack still ended up falling in love with them.  

Scarlett gave them a pointed look which they nonchalantly ignored. "Good evening Alpha!" 

"We brought berries for you," Clara showed her a pouch dangling it which Scarlett obviously ignored. Instead, her eyes fell on the small box that was peeking out of Derek's bag.