| 32 |

Scarlett stood at the outside of the fighting ring, her pack members standing beside her

Scarlett stood at the outside of the fighting ring, her pack members standing beside her. At the other side of the ring, the Zimarith pack warriors stood beside their alpha. The arena was filling with anticipatory gazes of the audience who were waiting to see the two alphas fight. 

"Kick his ass, Alpha Scar!" Clara excitedly said which earned her a smack from Haize.

"Make him bow down to you," Brielle said while glaring at them. 

"Respect, Elle. Pay some respect!" Zolten narrowed his eyes at her. 

"I would rather die than give respect to that asshole," she muttered. 

'I can sense some story there." Derek looked at her, "What did he do to you?"

"Nothing," Brielle said a little to fast. Scarlett narrowed her eyes at her asking her to speak. 

"He..he said that he will make me his slut if he won," Brielle whispered which earned few growls from her pack members.

"What did you said if I won?" Scarlett asked her with a raised eyebrow. She knew Brielle wasn't one to stay silent.

"That he will give up on his alpha title," Brielle replied innocently making Scarlett chuckle.

"Well, I think it's about time they get a new alpha," She said, amusement lacing her voice making her members erupt in cheers. 

"This is going to be so fun!" Derek and Clara said in unison.

"He has no idea what is coming his way," Haize chortled. 

Scarlett stretched her muscles and took off her cloak revealing the sports shorts and bra she was wearing. For the first time since she came to the palace, she took off her mask in front of everyone. The king watched her, an unfamiliar feeling raising inside him. Unsure of what exactly he was feeling, he stayed put and silently watched her, her eyes never leaving him even for a single second.

Scarlett and Alpha Jace made their way to the center of the ring. At the signal by the king, the chain walls were let down so that no one outside the ring could get hurt. 

"I heard you made a very interesting bet with one of my warriors," Scarlett said loud for everyone to hear.

"I just like to have some fun," The alpha shrugged. 

"I guess we are similar in some way," Scarlett nodded her head. Instantly the smile on her face disappeared and was replaced by a soul-chilling glare. "According to the bet, you will step down from the position of alpha the moment I win."

Alpha Jace gave a thorough laugh, "If...you won. Otherwise, the beautiful ginger will be mine." He looked behind Scarlett and winked at Brielle making Scarlett growl.

"Give some respect to my people!" Scarlett growled in anger, her voice sending shivers down the spine of those who heard her.

Alpha Jace gulped but immediately stepped back, ready to shift. "Not even in my dream!" 

Within seconds, a brown wolf stood in his place. Scarlett tilted her head analyzing him and chuckled. "And here I thought I was going to witness something grand." she mocked him.

Alpha Jace growl and ran towards her jumping mid-air. Scarlett rolled her eyes and stuck her palm on the joints of his limbs before punching him on his stomach paralyzing him immediately.

"Never lose your self-control to your anger!" Scarlett chuckled and crouched down to his paralyzed form. "Now I don't really see the reason why I should shift and fight with you, Alpha!" She mocked him.

Fryer who was sitting among the audience watched her. She still hasn't changed, he thought. He was reminded of the time he had a combat with her. She never stops to pinpoint the opponent's weakness. Seeing her now, he remembered the late-night lessons she gave him.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and pinched his neck allowing him to take control of his body back. She stood up and flexed her shoulders. "It's no fun if this fight ends here,"

Stepping back, she closed her eyes letting the familiar feeling take over her. She could feel her muscles start to vibrate as her bones started to break. The people of Ashbryn watched in shock at what they were seeing. This was something they weren't expecting at all. 

"The fun is about to start," Brielle clapped her hand in excitement.

Fur in a similar red shade of her hair started to sprout through her skin. Her face elongated as Scarlett finally stood on her four feet. Finally, she opened her eyes revealing her bright red eyes causing multiple gasps to erupt throughout the arena. This was the most beautiful wolf they had ever seen and the white patch on her shoulder blade added to her beauty.

Among all, it was the king who was taken by the most surprise. Those red eyes—those familiar red eyes were something he hasn't seen for decades. "It can't be..." He whispered. 

"Father?" Elaric looked at his father.

"Is she..."

"I wish she was," Elaric gave a sad smile, "But she has a family of her own. She can't be our little princess."

King Marlin gave a shaky breath and leaned back in his throne, "For a moment, I thought my daughter was back."

Alpha Jace slowly stood up and growled at Scarlett, feeling too humiliated by what just happened. Scarlett gave her a wolfie grin causing his anger to raise. She was having just too much fun tonight. 

Alpha Jace again took the first step just like she predicted and took an aim towards her neck which she easily dodged. She kept dodging him as he attacked her again and again. Finally taking her chance, Scarlett clawed him on his shoulder. Alpha Jace growled and jumped on her. The two tumbled and rolled around until she hit the chain wall. He took the opportunity and bit her shoulder making her growl. She raised her paw and clawed him across his face. He tumbled back. Scarlett stood straight and watched as the bite mark healed within seconds. She flexed her neck and made her way towards the alpha while looking straight into his eyes. She stumbled back when she saw the faint glow in her eyes. 

Memories after memories flashed in front of Scarlett as she looked into Alpha Jace's past. She shivered in disgust when she saw that he has been forcing girls into prostitution and raping them himself as well. Anger flared inside her when she realized he was thinking of doing the same thing to his pack members. 

Not even thinking twice, she launched at him, digging her claws into his shoulder. Alpha Jace howled in pain. Not even flinching from his pain, Scarlett bared her teeth and gave a loud thunderous growl causing everyone to tremble under her power. Each and every werewolf present in the arena bowed their head in submission including the alphas and the prince himself. 

The king watched in astonishment as the power she held was far greater than a power a normal alpha would have. She was not just an alpha, she was a queen, their queen but most importantly, she was his little princess.