| 30 |

Scarlett and Fryer stood opposite to each other with an awkward air surrounding them

Scarlett and Fryer stood opposite to each other with an awkward air surrounding them. Between them stood Daniel and Diana holding each other's hands. The others stood at the corner of the room watching the scene unfold in front of them.

"I wished I have popcorn right now," Clara whispered to her brother. Scarlett snapped her eyes at them, daring them to utter another single word. Much to her delight, Haize smacked the two on their heads. 

Scarlett cleared her throat and turned her attention back to the newly made couple. "I get that the situation right now is too awkward..." Scarlett rubbed the back of her neck in an attempt to relax them, "but why in the hell are you two standing as if some has given you some punishment?" This only caused the two to become more rigid than before. 

This time it was Felix who laughed causing Fryer to glare at him. The two alphas really weren't sure how they were supposed to react in this situation. They gave one glance to each other and immediately averted their eyes. 

Scarlett sigh and walked to the couple. Standing right in front of them, she looked into their eyes. "Did you two commit a crime?"

The two shook their head.

"Then stop acting like criminals!" She snapped at them. "Relax! It's not like we are going to hurt you two or something. You two are mates. That's amazing! Now Celebrate it!"

Daniel looked at her, guilt evident in his eyes. "Scar! I..."

"Shh Danny!" Scarlett immediately cut him off and gave him a smile, "What we had was not real! What existed between us was based on pain. What is between you two is based on love. This..." She pointed at their interlocked hands, "is real. So stop feeling guilty towards me."

Daniel grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight hug. Diana took a step back and let the two share a moment. When Daniel broke down in her arms yesterday, she knew right away that this boy was broken. And when she heard the way he talked about Scarlett, she immediately knew that she had saved him. What existed between them was something she didn't mind because she knew that it was helping him hold together. So instead of hating Scarlett, she felt thankful towards her. 

"So...whos leaving their pack and joining the other pack?" Zolten stepped forward and asked with an all too serious expression on his face.

•☾•

Scarlett and Zolten teleported back to the pack after midnight when they were sure no one was going to look for them at the palace. Xavier was waiting for them in the office seeing how he was already aware of their arrival.

"I believe something good happened today at the palace today," Xavier stated and took a sip from the red wine he had taken out. Xavier occasionally drank so seeing him drink today made the other two question if something was wrong. 

"What's up with the wine tonight?" Scarlett asked him and picked two wine glasses for Zolten and herself. Pouring wine in one of the glass, she handed it to Zolten and filled the other glass for herself. 

"I can sense something big is going to happen soon," Xavier said.

"Like what?" Scarlett asked, her fingers tracing the rim of the glass.

"All I'll say is," Xavier looked at Scarlett with a serious expression but she noticed the pity that was hidden behind his eyes. "Stay strong!"

"That bad huh?" Scarlett chuckled and shook her head. She sometimes wished she could see what Xavier could see. Seeing how he wasn't telling her what was going on, she wished she knew beforehand so she could prepare herself to either face it or run from it. 

Xavier shrugged and picked up some files and handed them to her, "here is all the detail about Lauren's case. Everything that she went through is written in here, I can send it to the royal court."

"Or I can give it to them myself seeing I am practically living with them," Scarlett suggested. 

Xavier nodded his head, "What suits your taste."

He then picked another file and handed it to her, "There is some kind of chaos among rogues these days. I believe their king is planning something big these days."

"Isn't it obvious," Scarlett mused, "He wants to take over the whole werewolf kingdom. What better chance can he get than the day when Prince Elaric ascends the throne."

"We should warn them then," Zolten suggested.

"You think they aren't aware of this danger?" Scarlett chuckled. 

"This championship, they are holding this as an excuse to keep the top warriors around the prince when he sits on the throne," Xavier explained. 

"And you didn't bother telling others about this because...?" Zolten narrowed his eyes at her. 

"I thought others would be smart enough to figure this out their selves," Scarlett shrugged making Xavier laugh. 

"I guess not." He muttered making Zolten growl lowly. 

"Anyway, tell each and every person to be alert and focus on their training. The palace will be needing them soon."

"I thought you wanted them to have nothing to do with the outside world," Zolten intervened.

Scarlett looked at him," This won't exist if the royal family is thrown over by Bertron."

•☾•

Scarlett was surprised to see Fryer lying on her bed when she teleported back to her room. Zolten threateningly growled at Fryer who was casually reading one of the books Scarlett had brought with her. 

"Leave us, Zolten!" Scarlett commanded. 

Zolten looked at her and when Scarlett gave him a small nod, he glared at Fryer one last time and left the room.

Fryer sat down and crossed his legs. "You still like to read books," He waved the book in his hand and put it aside. 

"Old habits die hard," Scarlett shrugged and took off her mask placing it on the dressing table. She loosened her cloak and took it off as well, revealing her casual clothes.

"Elena...I mean Alpha Scar!"  Scarlett momentarily stopped at his words feeling the harshness behind them. 

"Scarlett will be fine," She said making Fryer scoff.

"I had heard rumors about the Sverlia pack and its Alpha for a while now but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would be you."

"Well, things turned out that way," Scarlett shrugged. 

Fryer clinched his hands seeing the nonchalant behavior of Scarlett. He took a deep breath and stood, "Anyway, I just came to tell you that Diana had decided that she would join your pack."

Scarlett nodded her head, "Good to hear then," She turned around and gave him her formal smile giving away no emotions that she was feeling right now. "We will take good care of her."

"I don't doubt that," Fryer muttered under his breath that Scarlett was unable to hear him.

"Well, do you need anything else? Alpha Radoslav!" 

Fryer went rigid, he looked at her with anger building inside. 

"Yes," He gritted out, "That would be all, Alpha Scar!" 

Scarlett watched as Fryer turned around and left the room in anger. Zolten who was standing outside the door looked at her in pity. "You okay, Scarlett?"

She gave him a tight smile and nodded, "Don't worry Zolten. You should go back to sleep now. You have a solo match tomorrow."

Zolten gave her one last glance to make sure she was fine and left. After making sure she was left alone, Scarlett sat on the bed and closed her eyes letting one lone tear slide down her face.