| 25 |

Note: From this moment forth, Elena will be called as Scarlett as that is her real name revealed in the previous chapters

Note: From this moment forth, Elena will be called as Scarlett as that is her real name revealed in the previous chapters.  Please do not get confused with this.

Deep in the mountains of Reesi where snow never stopped, a new pack was formed

Deep in the mountains of Reesi where snow never stopped, a new pack was formed. Hidden away from the sight, werewolves have gathered from all around hiding away from the world. A thick wall of magic hid away their existence from the world that not even the werewolf council could locate them.

Rumors spread about the pack of Sverlia where freedom was given and love was shared, where they embraced the outcast...the lost, and the lonely. A pack that continued to grow, becoming the most powerful pack that ever existed.

This was the power of Elena—now known as Alpha Scar. This was the power she had always refused to accept. She was not a full werewolf neither was she a full witch making her deny her own reality. Now years later, at the age of twenty-six, she had finally accepted herself as who she was and what she was truly capable of.

Fully embracing her powers, she was preparing to stand against the man who took everything away from her, who made her cover away in fear. Who made the world cover in fear and shed innocent blood. 

Scarlett stood at the edge of the border, her hand was touching the magic barrier she has set. A pure white cloak was draped over her shoulder. She could see the world outside the barrier but those who stood on the other side of the barrier could not see them. 

A woman was clutching an infant in her arms, desperately looking around. 

"Please help my son!" Her voice trembled in pain—or was it cold? Elena wasn't sure. She just watched as she desperately looked around for any sign of living. "Alpha Scar! please save my son!"

Scarlett turned her head to look at Xavier who was wearing an identical white cloak. "What do you think?" She asked him, her voice void of any emotion.

Xavier who didn't inherit his grandmother's prophesy telling gift and instead got a fortune-telling gift looked at the woman. Ever since the day he finally got a hold of his gift, his eyes became white and a mark appeared on his forehead indicating his celestial ability. 

"She used to be an omega of Maroo Pack and was raped by them. Now they are after them to kill them both," Xavier told her making her smile.

"Who is the father?"

"Son of the beta of the pack," Xavier replied her feeling pity for the woman who was no older than eighteen. 

"You are putting shame on my abilities," Scarlett chuckled referring to her ability to look into a person's memories. He was way better than her, way better than any other gifted fortune teller werewolf. 

She turned around and pulled the cloak over her head. "Tell Daniel to bring her in," She instructed and walked away. 

•☾•

"Scarlett!" Zolten, the only person who called her informally yelled out her name. Scarlett made her way to the training field where he was training the warriors. 

Zolten was as cold as she was, both void of emotions not letting it waver them. Zolten was one of the Azulo warriors and the first person who promised his loyalty to her, giving his life to her. He was wearing nothing but a pair of pants revealing his dark torso which contrasted against the white snow. The cold weather of the mountain did them no damage thanks to the barrier created around the pack. 

"I think most of the teens can now start training in their wolf forms," Zolten informed her. 

"Are they now?" She raised her eyebrow and looked at them, both boys and girls were standing in equality with their chin raised high. 

This was how the training was done here. First, they were taught how to survive in the wild from their young age, teaching them how to hunt, build a shelter and hide when in danger. Later they were taught how to do combats in human form and finally when they shift in their werewolf formes were they trained in that state. 

"How many of you can shift?" She asked them and more than a dozen hands raised. A proud smile took on her lips and nodded. "Start the training then."

"ALPHA SCAR!" Brielle ran towards her as fast as she could dodging all the people who came in between her way towards Scarlett. Her red hair was bouncing in the air and an excited smile was on her face. Looking at her, Scarlett was reminded of her past self—the part she left behind in Ashbryn pack. 

"A message from the palace came," Brielle's words caught the attention of the people around. "This was tied to the neck of the white owl."

The white owl always rested at the base of the mountain and was the only way a royal family could contact them. When Scarlett had formed this pack, she made a contract with the royal family to let them live here peacefully while keeping it a secret and they will live under their rule. Of course, Prince Elaric or anyone else didn't know that Alpha Scar was actually Elena as it was always Xavier and Katherin who met the people outside the pack.

"From the palace?" She tilted her head and took the envelope from her. 

Katherin who was also training at a distance walked to where they stood. "I was never told a message was going to arrive," She said.

"Well, they must like to surprise people now," Scarlett said the humorless joke and ripped the envelope open. 

To dear Alpha Scar!

It is to inform you that you are required along with your pack's top warriors to take part in the royal championship to select the next Royal head of warriors. As Prince Elaric is soon going to ascend the throne, he is in need of a head warrior who would stay beside him through life and death and help him prosper the kingdom. 

It is to notify you that the presence of your pack is compulsory and the absence will be considered as treason against his highness.

From the Royal court.

"What in the world do they take us as?" Katherin cursed. 

"Does that mean we get to meet the prince?" Brielle said in excitement.

Scarlett chuckled at the different responses from the two women. She took out another card from the envelope that gave the time and date given for their arrival at the palace. 

Scarlett sighed, "Call an emergency meeting. I want each and every pack member there excluding those who are under fifteen."