A Moment's Notice pt. Conan

Summary : basically the brothers being protective of each other- this is part ONE.

Enjoy~

...

If you have siblings, biological, half, or maybe adopted- then you WILL at some point feel that overwhelming drive to protect them. It was thought to be a human thing, considering we were the only "intelligent" life on earth. But Lt. Hank Anderson begs to differ, 7 months after the android revolution and only about 2 or so months of living with 4 android sons- you get to learn a lot from said "brothers."

Hank was never the observant type, well, not anymore at least. After Cole's death he stopped caring, but thank god Connor was there to save him from a void. He was getting himself together now, the first thing he managed to observe and conclude? The four latest RK series androids were absolutely protective of each other, it came as a surprise to him but he decided that he shouldn't bring it up.

It was one of the colder days in June, Hank and Colin just got back from a case whilst Connor was working with Colton on an interrogation for their own case, Conan was on parking duty for the day along with Gavin. Hank had suggested that he and his three "eldest sons" to have their partnerships mix up every once and a while, Jeffery agreed and was actually starting to be a lot more nicer to Hank. It was good to see them get along again, said Chris the other day.

Anyways, back to the story at hand- Conan and Gavin had just returned and Gavin was in a pissy mood, Conan on the other hand had a smug aura around him.

"You seem happy," Colin spoke up. emerging from the break room with a coffee in hand, presumably for Hank.

"I am," Conan stated simply.

"Enlighten me then, did Gavin do something stupid again?" With a chuckle, the android clad in gray spoke.

"He ran into a pole, nearly fell into a puddle, and bumped into a couple who were currently engaged in a... intimate occupation." He concluded, "it was hilarious."

Colin let out a quiet giggle, amused, Conan's smile grew to a small lopsided grin. His hand raised to cover said grin despite its adorableness, their small convo seemed to attracted some unwanted attention.

"The hell you laughing at dipshit?" Speak of the devil. The man with the scarred nose approached, his overall posture displaying displease and dislike, both things the two androids knew he was very fond of.

"You had a bad day," Colin was always like that- straight forward, blunt but not quite as blunt as Conan. It's no wonder why they both get along well. Did I forget to mention that he had a teasing tone in his voice?

"What was that tone?" The detective hissed, moving pass Conan and standing right in front of the RK800 model, the 'room for Jesus' was now nonexistent. "You better watch it tin-can, I'm still your superior here."

Gavin pressed his fore finger to Colin's chest, despite the hard push he added behind it- Colin remained still like a brick wall. Conan watched wearily, he's been Gavin's partner for quite some time, and he knew now that the emotionally unstable detective was not bluffing.

"Detective-", he deemed it best to intervene. But the detective simply sent a aggravated "shut up dipshit."

"And what are you going to do Detective Reed? You realize that workplace violence- especially towards androids now are strictly forbidden."

Stand down Cols', stand down-

If Conan still had his LED, it would be crimson red by now. A heavy weight presented itself in the air as the three men were now silently being watched by their other coworkers. Damn, where is Hank when you need him? God that's right, he was assigned to check out a hate speech grafitti with Officer Miller just ten minutes ago. Connor is taking a day off, Colton was with Officer Chen for a missing person's case.

Walk away from this Colin, he isn't bluffing.

     I'm tired of him always pushing us around Nines, just, let me have this one okay?

"After all the years I've spent in the force," Gavin huffed. Conan squinted his eyes, his thirium pump sped its pace, both men had their fists clenched. "You really I think I care about all those shitty right y'got?"

In a milisecond Gavin had his back slammed onto the office floor, Conan now stood between his 'brother' and the perp. Yes, they were partners and they did get along to some extent. But he crossed the line, a line Conan hopped he would never pass again.

It was not elegant, no, the way Conan simply used his weight and strength to just push Detective Reed was actually quite childish. Officer Chen was already helping him up, they were both nearly six feet away, Conan pushed... hard. He didn't knew what he was thinking, but his feelings... anger, disappointment, guilt, regret, embarrassment, and... fear. He was afraid, Cyberlife's newest, most advance model was afraid.

Of his brother getting hurt.

"Con-... Conan, Conan hey!" Before he knew it, Colin was in front of him shaking him by his shoulders. His expression showed worry, worry and guilt, did he do that?

"Jesus Conan you-," Colin paused, taking a 'breath.' "You're lucky Fowler called in sick today."

Oh.

Conan blinked, then Colin blinked, Conan again. What happened again?

"Agh piece of shit." A groan, followed by a laugh. "I regret not getting that on video."

Detective Reed and Officer Chen, ohm that's right. How could he forget? It happened not a minute ago. He might want to get that checked out later...

The air between the two newest RKs had been still for a couple of days, until Colin approached the blue eyed droid when he was watching TV. Hank was asleep on the couch so Conan opted to sit on a chair nearby, Connor was walking Sumo and Colton had something to do with Officer Chen.

"Hey," Colin started.

"Afternoon." Ever the formal.

Silence.

"I'm sorry fo-"

"It's fine Cols'," the taller android interrupted.

Colin leaned on the couch Hank was asleep on, careful as to not waking up the old police lieutenant. He had a troubled look on his face, biting his bottom lip as an attempt to relief the turmoil inside.

"I don't think it is," he said. Conan furrowed his brows, the TV sinking into background noise.

"Beg your pardon?"

Colin sighed, "because of my behavior you and Detective Reed are not in good terms as you used to be. The entire precinct looks at us weirdly, we can barely have a normal conversation anymore, things are overall weird, Connor's suspecting us-" he was rambling again, Conan smiled softly, he had a tendency to do that.

Colin failed to see nor notice the younger android's change of expression, so, Conan decided to speak.

"Hey," Colin looked up at him. "It'll be fine."

Colin furrowed his brows in confusion, he huffed a laugh and shook his head with a smile. This, this interaction between the two newest androids was something secluded to them. Neither Connor nor Colton or even Hank could make them smile or laugh in such a way. Colin and Conan got along well, they were... similar, just the two of them. They were the most similar, they knew that, and so they knew they needed to fix their brotherhood.

"You always say that," Conan rose one brow.

"I know you'll do the same if I were in your shoes, so will the others."

Colin spared his gaze to the TV, "in a moment's notice."

[EXTENDED]

"So, uh, heard that talk you two were having."

The two androids froze.

"Care to explain?"

Good fucking God, I love the idea of Colin and Conan being close because in my head Colin feels guilty for shooting and fighting with Connor the first time they met and Conan was meant to replace Connor so in a sense he thinks that he's guilty in some way? Idk but I just love them being the power-brothers of the lot.

I'm not really taking requests right now but if you have an idea then feel free to comment.