Accept Me - Part Two

A thick silence sat in the hall as the four faced each other.

Saemneir and Kenaz sat on one side, facing his mother and father.

His mother was sat there with a warm smile, taking small sips from her tea every once in a while, as his father sat there, seemingly staring at the two as if he was uncertain on what to say.

He shifted awkwardly in his seat and glanced towards Kenaz, who was eagerly biting into one of the many cakes that had been supplied upon their entry.

A bit of cream caught on the corner of his lips and Saemneir laughed, leaning in to wipe it away with his finger which earned a sheepish smile from Kenaz and a nervous laugh.

"Excuse my manners," Kenaz spoke, covering his mouth with his hand as he chewed the small bits that had caught in his mouth, "but your cakes are to die for."

"We do have a splendid baker among our staff," Saemneir's mother replied.

"One of the many things your son didn't tell me, had I known I'd have brought a basket to fill for when we leave."

They shared a laugh and continued talking between themselves, his mother stating that she could set them up with a hamper of goods for their long journey back to the academy.

As they spoke, Saemneir found himself staring at the cup that sat, still mostly full, in front of him, anything to avoid his father's eyes as they pierced into him.

Finally, his father broke the silence.

"I didn't realise the one you had mentioned in your letters home was a-"

"Man?" Saemneir cut him off, not wanting to hear a possible tone of contempt coming from the father he loved so dearly.

"Dökkálfar," he continued, his tone even.

"Oh."

Kenaz laughed and patting Saem's arm comfortingly, shaking his head in good nature.

He had evidently finished talking to his mother just in time to hear their very brief conversation, which hadn't helped Saemneir decipher how his father was feeling.

"Always jumping ahead of yourself," he smiled widely before turning his attention to the two opposite them, "yes, I am indeed a rare breed of dark elf and Vanir."

"That must be interesting for you."

Saemneir's eyes flitted to his mother, who was still smiling as warmly as ever at the silver haired man beside him.

"In all honesty, ma'am, it's no different than I imagine being Asgardian is," Kenaz shrugged, "I just happen to have an amazing talent for future guessing and fertility."

"You'd be astounded how many don't agree with those sentiments," his father offered, his eyes now trained on Kenaz.

For some reason, this caused Saemneir's heartrate to spike uncomfortably and he reached for his boyfriend's hand for comfort.

"There is that," Kenaz answered with a nod while he offered his hand to Saemneir, obviously spotting his need for comfort from the corner of his eye, "but I'm certain we'll all get along as long as I don't accidentally impregnate your boy here."

Saemneir felt himself tense and tightly squeezed the hand that was held tightly within his, his blue eyes widening as he looked towards the dark elf, astounded that he had thought to go that far.

Kenaz, on the other hand, was smiling confidently at his parents and didn't seem to notice that uncomfortable tension that has arisen on his side of the table, either that or he chose to ignore it.

To Saemneir's surprise, his father began to chuckle and his signature glint shone in his eyes as he looked across the table.

"It would be quite the feat if you did," his father replied, taking a sip from his cup before setting it back down, "so much so that if you managed it, I'd officiate a wedding on the day of the announcement."

Saemneir's eyes widened further while Kenaz roared out a laugh and banged his hand on the table.

"That almost sounds like a challenge, sir."

"I wouldn't dare, I'm not quite ready to be a grandfather yet and please, call me Loki."

"Alright then, Loki, challenge accepted."

As sparkling silver eyes met anxious blue ones, Saemneir finally relaxed and let the tension dissipate from his body.

"How long do you plan on staying?" His mother asked, looking at them curiously.

"We weren't sure initially, but would two weeks be okay?" He replied.

His father's eyebrow furrowed as he regarded his son.

"That's perfectly fine, but why weren't you sure?"

Saemneir shifted in his seat and licked his bottom lip nervously, now that the situation had been settled and he knew his parent's thoughts about his sexuality, he felt a little foolish for worrying over something he had kind of known they wouldn't have cared about all along.

"It's stupid," he sighed, rubbing at his neck a little, "but I was worried that you guys would freak out about me dating him."

"You're right, that is stupid, why would you think who you're dating would matter?"

"I've heard terrible stories, father, that's all."

"You should know us better than to think we would judge you for something beyond control, we just want you to be happy."

"I know," he smiled gratefully, though his cheeks flared up a little, "but I couldn't help it."

"You do over worry, you get it from your mother."

Saemneir laughed as his mother shot his father a look at the comment, then she stood and dusted off crumbs from her dress.

"Let's say we show Kenaz around before I end up murdering Loki," she smiled.

"I would appreciate not dying, so I'm all up for that."

Kenaz laughed and looked at Saemneir, his smile as wide as ever as he stood up.

"I am going to love being part of this family."