The Wooden Sword

About two months went by, since Ubbe surprised you in the woods. You were starting to get very nauseous and lightheaded. The very idea of having ubbe's child inside you made you giddy, but you couldn't tell him until you know for sure. You decided to take a trip to the seer while Ubbe was out hunting with his brothers.
———————————————-
You knocked on the seer's door, to which he sighed loudly and granted you entrance. The first thing your eyes were drawn to was the hanging animal bones all around the room. You eyes finally fell onto the seer.
"I believe I already know why you're here, Y/N." They said.
"Then you know that I'm desperate to find out whether or not I carry Ubbe's child." You said and you took a seat on the stool in front of you.
"Everyone only ever comes here for answers, even if they already know the answer, themselves." The seer's words made you perk up.
"Are you saying that my belief is right? I am with child?" You were on the edge of your seat, waiting for them to just say the simple little words.
"Yes, yes. You are carrying the first son of Ubbe lothbrok and this son will make you both very proud, I can see that. Now that you have your answer, be on your way. I must rest." The seer held out their hand to you. You were smiling uncontrollably and snapped yourself out of your thoughts to drag your tongue across the seer's palm. You bowed your head to them as your turned and walked out the door.

     You couldn't believe it. You were having the love of your life's child and a son no less. A tear of happiness crawled down your blushed cheek. You couldn't wait to tell Ubbe, but how? You wanted to surprise him in a wonderful way. You knew just who to run to for help, Tepha. You nearly skipped with glee while quickly walking to her home. Once you made it, you knocked frantically.
"Tepha!! Hurry up, I need to tell you something right this second!" You shouted through the door at her. She wiped open the door as soon as you were about to knock again.
"Well what is it, Y/N?! I was napping, you nearly killed me from starling me!" She looked annoyed but smiled when she saw the smile on your face.
"Is it true?! Did the seer confirm that you're pregnant?" She yanked you inside and held your hands.
"I was right! I'm with child, a son." You happily said, almost in disbelief.
"You're gonna be such a wonderful mother, and I will be an incredible aunt!" She laughed as she stood to get some tea for the both of you.
"When are you gonna tell Ubbe?" Tepha asked.
"That's the problem, I want to surprise him in a fun way, I just don't know how." You said as Tepha handed you a small cup.
"I see, how about you make him dinner and tell him? That seems like it could be quite romantic that way." Tepha suggested and you shook your head.
"I thought of that too, but I don't know. I want to be clever about it." You sipped your tea, deep in thought. Suddenly, Tepha interrupted the silence.
"OH I KNOW! The man I'm seeing works as a wood carver. I could ask him to make a nice little wooden sword for you. It is a boy after all, a Lothbrok too. He's gonna be a warrior. Surely, he'll love playing with a wooden sword until he one day receives his first blade." Tepha finished her words and immediately filled her mouth with some bread.
"I mean, it's a cute idea, yeah?" She spoke again, muffled from the food in her mouth.
"Tepha, you're brilliant! That's the most perfect idea! Do you think he could have it done by midday tomorrow?" You asked your friend.
"Yeah, I'll run over now and ask him. Don't worry about having to buy it from him. I'll trade him something fair for his work." Tepha said as she winked at you and left.

This was gonna be perfect. You were so excited for the moment you tell Ubbe. You decided that you were going to show him the wooden sword while the two of you trained, the next day.
———————————————
"I'm here! I have it, I'm so sorry I'm late." Tepha said, Running up and handing you the wooden sword.
"thank The gods! Oh my, It's so beautiful." You said as you traced the little details with your fingers. "Thank you so much, Tepha!" You hugged your friend tightly.
"Wow look at you! Your tight clothing and all that cleavage are quite seductive." She said as she took a step back to look at you. You adjusted your leather tunic and smiled.
"I want him to remember me like this, with this...body." You admitted.
"Oh Y/N! You'll only be big for a little while and then you'll have your body back, once you can train again. Do not worry, you are the mother of his son. If he's a true Viking man, he will never be more attracted to you. Now hurry along, and Good luck." She said kissing your cheek.

     You smiled as you put the toy sword in your belt, with your real blade on the other hip. Now, you had to hurry to meet Ubbe at your secret training spot. You made it there quickly and watched from the tree line to see if Ubbe was there. You saw no movement, so you began to walk to the small shelter, you made in the clearing, to sit and wait for him. When suddenly your arms were pinned behind your back with another body pressed against yours and a dagger in front of your neck.

"Tsk tsk, little dove. You know I hate to be kept waiting." Ubbe's stern tone made you giggle.
"I'm sorry, my love. Tepha kept me for too long, but I was able to get away." You lied to him as he dropped his dagger and traced your body with his hands.
"I almost wanted to keep sneaking behind you for longer. Those pants are very flattering on you, it's quite a sight. And don't think I didn't notice these. He squeezed your breasts from behind, bit your shoulder and turned you around to face him.
"Are you ready to fight me and lose again, my sweet?" You asked him and he chuckled while his hands were on your waist.
"Oh yes, but I think I have a better chance this time." Ubbe said and flicked the wooden sword on your belt.
"Seems as though, I have the superior weapon." He mocked. "Why do you have this?" Ubbe asked as he took it from your belt and wiggles it around as if it was a real sword.
"It's a toy, I thought it would be a good little training weapon." You replied and Ubbe's eyebrow curiously raised.
"Training weapon? Who will you be training, a dwarf?" Ubbe asked sarcastically and began looking at the toy sword more closely, Admiring the tiny details.
"Well... our child will probably want to be like their parents. So we will have to train them." You blushed and bit your lip, staring at Ubbe. His face lit up and he widened his eyes in realization. He looked at the sword again and back at you.
"Are you saying, that we're having a baby?" His voice cracked and tears grew in his eyes.
"Yes, Ubbe! We are having a baby" He grabbed you by the waist with one hand and held a hand to your stomach. He kissed your forehead while he happily laughed excitedly.
"Do you know what it is? Surely it's a son, that's why you got the little sword." He smiled at you and you punched his arm.
"why do you think I wouldn't give our daughter a sword as well? she could be a better shieldmaiden than me if she chose to be! But yes, we are having a son." You giggled and he kissed you, lovingly.
"You're right, when we have a girl, she'll probably be better than the both of us. But I can't help but be extremely happy that we are having a son, a little boy." He hugged you tightly and kissed you again.
"And he's gonna be amazing, just like his father. Now, we must get married soon. I want to look good in my dress before I get too big." You added.
"I agree that we should get married soon, I'm tired of not being your husband. But just so you know, no matter how big you get, you'll still be the most mesmerizing thing I've ever seen. I personally, can't wait to watch you get bigger as our child grows inside you." Ubbe looked you right in your eyes as he spoke, so you knew that he meant it. You placed your hand on the wooden sword that Ubbe was holding and smiled at Ubbe again. He kissed you over and over.
"I can't wait, Y/N."