Chapter Nine- Daisy Chains

Will isn't wearing Pajamas in this chapter *tears up a little bit* My babies are changing...

Warning(?)- My writing style is rather different in this chapter. I don't know whether it's better or not but I was in a really gentle mood today.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter :))

[...]

Will's POV

I sneeze wildly, the soft grass tickling my sensitive nose. Freddie lays beside me, and lets out an unrestrained laugh. I giggle and push his side playfully.

Staring up at the bright blue sky, I raise my hands slightly- as if to touch the fluffy clouds. One looks like a baby kitten, playing chase with a cotton ball. A joyous smile spreads on my face, the bright sun shining down- grinning with me.

It feels like years since I've heard the chirping of birds, the smooth sway of the wind; the gentle rustling of the trees. I've missed it. I suppose when you're taken away from normality for a while, 'normal' things become stunningly magical.

"What do you want to be when you're older?"

The question comes out close to a whisper, as if he's afraid to disturb the peaceful harmony we've created.

I ponder my response for a while before saying-

"I-I would quite like to help people with learning disabilities...help people believe in themselves- to succeed- despite the odds"

There's silence for a moment; our soft breaths intermingling.

"I wanna be an author...or a journalist; live somewhere in the country, grow my own food and own some chickens." Freddie picks at the grass slightly, his ears turning pink with embarrassment, "I don't like the hectic city, everything moves too fast here."

My heart warms slightly, filling with intense adoration.

"That sounds beautiful."

He nods his head slightly; we bathe in the peace, in our hopes and in our dreams.

Softly, I guide my fingertips across the array of daises that surround us. They lean into my touch, kissing my skin with their gentle petals. I pluck some from the ground, and begin making a delicate daisy chain.

Cut the stem with your nail, thread another through. Cut that one through the stem, and weave another one in. The repetitive action soothes my frantic mind completely, all my focus lying purely on this creation.

I place the small crown on top of Freddie's head, cooing at how adorable it looks. He, in turn, makes me one- and there we sit, Kings of the wilderness.

Our hands interlock, palms pressed together in a passionate embrace.

Although my legs still tremble when I stand, my knees click with every step; my movements are short and painful- I truly feel like I am getting better.

All thanks to Freddie.

A butterfly floats in the sky, it's baby pink wings fluttering in the wind. My dreams, at least, have come partly true. And perhaps, one day, I'll be able to float too.

I'm not stupid. I know that it's going to be a while before I can even think about going to the shops- let alone going to school. But I can't help but wonder; I ask Freddie countless questions- as if I'm an infant again. He answers all of them though, in intense detail with an understanding voice.

The sun begins to set slightly; leaving a beautiful array of colours- a pastel gradient that sparkles in the sky.

Freddie yawns, the comforting vibrations rippling through his body; tickling my face as it lays on his chest.