Chapter Nineteen- Chapped Lips

Sorry for the late update, I'm kinda having a bad time at the moment but here's two chapters to make up for it!

El x 🥰

[...]

Will's POV

Will's POV

Time crawls by at a snails pace; the ticking of my beside clock mocking me. I throw a blue ball into the air, and catch it just as quickly.

The doctor said that it should help me with my coordination and depth perception-

It's boring.

Up
Down
Up
Down
Up
Down

The movement becomes as tedious as the time.

Up
Down
Up
Down
Up
Down

My leg starts getting jittery, my patience reaching an all time low. The other leg lays there, motionless, with a thick cast weighing it down.

I flop back onto my fluffy pillow- the soft material tickling my ears slightly. It feels like Freddie has been gone for ages.

"Who even needs school anyway? It sucks" I mutter out loud, fiddling with the soft fabric of my duvet.

Every day seems to drone on for years; each painful minute seems like hours.

I'm so addicted to him. His voice; his scent; his mere presence alone.

Every second that we're apart is insanely boring.

The ball is thrown again, a stupid pastime to distract myself.

Up
Down
Up
Down
Up
Do-

It falls onto the floor.

A pout fills my face, annoyance and irritation emitting from me in swaying waves of anger.

This sucks-

Hearing the soft slamming of a door downstairs, I spring up- buckets of excitement building inside of me and washing away any trace of displeasure.

I can't wait to tell him.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror and desperately try to make myself more presentable, ruffling my messy bed hair with my hand-

There's a knocking on the door.

"Come in" I yell, a smile spreading across my face- an uncontrollable reaction to this beautiful boy.

Freddie comes barrelling into my room, with flushed cheeks and chapped lips. His nose is red and his fingertips are lightly tinted as well.

In a mess of rushing hands and tangled limbs, he manages to get his coat; scarf and hat off- carelessly throwing them onto the floor.

I open my arms, as wide as they can go, and beckon him forward- craving his cuddles.

"Awwww, did someone miss me?" He coos, with a beaming smile and a sickeningly gentle tone.

"Come here now!" I whine, pouting with false irritation.

He obeys and launches himself at me, landing with a soft "oof" on the covers; earning an amused chuckle from me.

Suddenly, I'm attacked by freezing hands and icy fingers- the sensation shocking me immensely. He tickles the sides of my waist, burying his cold face into my bare neck.

"Freddie!" I shout, giggling uncontrollably, "stop it!"

"But you're so warm" he protests, placing more cool kisses onto my tingling neck. I rub my hands gently up and down his arms, warming the goosebumps there.

We stay like that, completely coiled together- his soft breaths brushing against my skin. He's always the same, when he comes back from school, a clingy mess- not that I mind.

School? Why does that ring a bell?-

"Freddie! Guess what!?" I'm all excited again, remembering the news that I was supposed to tell him. I slap his shoulder lightly, drawing him away from his comfortable daze.

"Wut?" Comes his mumbled reply, his hands creeping around my waist.

"Doctor Drevin says that I can come back to school, as long as I stay in my wheelchair! I know you're in the year below but we could see each other at lunch an-"

I'm cut off by an ecstatic pair of lips pressing against mine, thick fingers tangling in my hair.

We pull away, after a few minutes, with staggered breathing and red faces. Freddie hugs me closer to him, decorating my forehead with quick little kisses.

"I'm so happy!? When do you start?"

"Tomorrow."

A squeal, albeit a manly one, echoes through the room- followed by a panicked gasp.

I roll my eyes, such a drama queen.

"We need to get you an outfit! You're my boyfriend and I want everyone to be jealous- especially this bratty kid called Billy Green; he really gets on my nerves..."

Freddie mutters pointless things under his breath and runs out of the room, declaring that we have 'no time to loose'.

I hold in a giggle as he runs back in with a - "Shoot! Forgot you couldn't walk" and quickly picks me up.

Once we're safely downstairs, despite a few laughing fits and near- tumbles, he plops me into my wheelchair and races me to the car- screaming "tally-ho!"

I suppose we're going shopping then?

[time skip because I'm a loser]

"You look so adorable sweetie" Freddie says, as he helps me dress into the black, white and red checked trousers, "we're definitely getting this!"

I blush and nod shyly into my lap, he smiles and pinches my chubby cheeks.

"You're going to be the prettiest darling in our school!"

"Aside from you, of course."

Under the soft changing room lights, we share small kisses and whispered 'I love yous'

[...]

This is stupid and it sucks.

There's another sucky one after this.

Okbye