cassie △ christian

"we say some words, we land them wrong."

a/n: hii this is my first oneshot in my ca book :) this one is based off of the cassie mv as you can probably tell, so enjoy!!
________

cassie
"Ayo Cave!" you hear someone yell across the room. You turn to see where the voice was directed, not sure whether to expect Mitchel or Clinton. Sure enough, you see Mitchel yelling back something inaudible to whoever called his name. The music was blasting so loud you could barely hear a thing.

You bite your lip and decide to weave your way through the party to Mitchel. Maybe it was because you've had one too many drinks, but you weren't feeling quite as shy anymore. You've had a not-so-secret crush on Mitchel ever since you became friends with him and the boys. He's never shared the same feelings with you as you have for him, but you're fine with that. He thinks of you as a little sister, as you are two years younger than him.

"Mitchel!" you say as you pass by the many partygoers to get to him.

"Hey Cas." He wraps an arm around you and rubs your arm with one hand, a red Solo cup in his other. You still get butterflies whenever he does that, even though he's made it clear that nothing will ever happen between you two. "Enjoying the party?"

You nod and take another sip of whatever's in your cup.

"Thought so. The Cave brothers never fail to throw a rager," he replies, spreading his arms, indicating the party around you.

You laugh. "I swear Mitty, you can be such a fucking dork sometimes." You lose your balance for a second and lean into Mitchel more, counting on him to keep you upright.

"Woah, Cassie, how much have you had to drink? You usually never call me Mitty unless you're on a serious level of fucked up." The corners of his mouth turn up slightly, hinting that he's amused, but you could hear a note of concern in his voice.

"I'm fine, Mitchel. I've only taken like two shots." You look up at his pale grey eyes, his arm still around you. "And four shots. And then two more shots."

You giggle as he takes his arm off of you and sighs.

"Oh my God, Cassie, you are crazy. Stay here while I go check on how everyone's doing downstairs." He breaks away from you and bumps into Christian, who's passing by. "Kras! Will you stay here with Cassie for a second? I gotta go and I don't want to leave her alone." He whispers something else to Christian that you can't hear.

"For sure, man. Don't worry about it." Christian pats Mitchel on his back while looking at you. "And what do we have here?" he jokes.

"Shut up, Christian," you laugh. "I didn't ask for you to babysit me. I'm fine, honestly! I don't know what Mitchel is so paranoid about." You lose your balance slightly and reach your arms out for support, and Christian holds on to them.

"I think I can see why," Christian says, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

_________

christian
You make your way over to the table of drinks since you just finished the last of the liquid in your cup. Before you get to the table though, you accidentally bump into Mitchel.

"Kras!" Mitchel says. "Will you stay here with Cassie for a second? I gotta go and I don't want to leave her alone." He nods his head over at the obviously intoxicated girl. He leans in and drops his voice to a whisper. "Please take care of her, Christian. She doesn't seem like... herself right now."