uncomfortable △ mitchel

"borderline drowning in these messy thoughts."
________

mitchel
My eyes blinked open and it felt like my whole body was on fire. I rolled over and looked at the time shown on my phone. It was 4:17 a.m. I'd had another nightmare again.

They're not exactly nightmares; I mean, nothing bad really happens in them. All they do is remind of her.

It's been three months since she left, and it seems like she'd abandoned everything, including me. She had a new life now, and I wasn't in it.

My phone still in my hand, I hovered my thumb over the home button, contemplating whether or not to unlock it. This could be over in 2 seconds, Mitchel, I thought to myself. I could go back to sleep and save myself loads of pain. But I unlocked my phone anyway.

I went to my camera roll and looked through my photo albums. I finally tapped on the one titled '❤️'. In the folder are pictures of her, and pictures of us. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, I thought as I scrolled through the pictures. I stopped on one in particular.

It was a photo I took of her on our trip to the beach just weeks before we broke up. Things were going so well. She seemed so happy in the picture; I don't know what happened.

We'd walked out onto the beach moments before the sunset was in its prime. She'd told me she wanted to get the perfect "golden hour" pictures. She gave me her phone and told her to take pictures of her in front of the sunset. She did a few poses, and I told her how beautiful she was. She laughed, and covered her mouth with her hand like she always does. That's when I snapped the picture. Ever since that day, it's been my favorite photo of her. It was her contact photo on my phone. Well, until I deleted her contact.

I subconsciously went on Instagram and typed in her username, not realizing what I was doing. The photo I took of her on the beach was still her profile picture. Ouch. That stung a little bit. I decided to go deeper and click on her story.

Tap. A photo of her in a new dress she bought.

Tap. A photo of her breakfast.

Tap. A photo of her holding someone's hand.

My brow furrowed as I started at that picture longer. Is that...? No, it couldn't be one of her girlfriends. The hands were too big. Those were definitely a guy's hands.

I locked my phone and threw it across the room, it making a dull thunk sound as it hit the carpeted floor. I rolled back around in the bed. She'd finally moved on. I knew it was gonna happen some day, but I didn't expect for it to hit me as hard as it was. I wanted to get over, I really did, but how can I escape her if she's in my head?

I shouldn't be thinking about all this. It wasn't healthy. But how could I not— she was such a big part of my life. I thought things were going well for us, we were such a happy couple. But then she just ended things so suddenly. I just wish I got the chance to ask her why.

_________

a/n: idk what this chapter is LMAO it's kind of a different writing style but i hope you guys like it regardless <3 also my winter break just started so expect a few more chapters before 2019!!