Finding Lost Treasure

(Pidge's POV, cause why not?)

Keith has run around with a blue pen and I accidentally walked in on Lance scribbling on his arm like a maniac. Even Hunk was overly excited over the whole skin pen thing. Shiro was making a fool of himself, writing to Allura, generally no more than a room away. I hadn't had any "messages" yet. I don't want any.

Watching Keith and Lance is fun enough. I'd figured out a long time ago they were writing to each other. Keith, as usual, would get mad because Lance couldn't take it seriously. But from my deductions, Lance didn't want to jump in cause he was scared he'd get hurt. That's kinda how life works, guys.

"Hey, Keith. Whatcha doin?"

"I'm"- he was writing in his abs-"trying to connect to my soulmate."

"K, good luck. Lance, what're you doing?" I asked as I walked into a bubbly scene in the main control room.

"Trying to wash off this clingy person's writings," he forced out with effort. "They're very persistent in trying to find me. For all I know, they live on earth and I'm a few galaxies away."

Pfft. "Have you talked to anyone about their messages?"

"Nope. I don't plan on it. Soulmates is kinda lame. Shiro and Allura aren't actually meant to be, ya know?"

"They're fine. Maybe it changes. Fate seems to be in a graceful mood."

"Fate can suck it. I need to focus on important things. We all do."

"I kinda agree, but the downtime is sorta nice, don't you think?"

"Sure," he grunted while trying to scrub off a determined pen pal.

"Holler if you finish."

"When. When I finish," Lance sighed with strength.

"Keith, are you sure you aren't writing Lance?"

"Lance?! My soulmate is much more sophisticated than him," Keith said with his nose upturned.

"I'm unconvinced. Slav even thinks you two are counterproductive."

"Slav also thinks we're all going to die."

"Whatever. Lance is trying to wash away your love and I'm trying to tell you but no one listens."

"Pidge, they just won't take it seriously. They won't take me seriously."

"Your annoying persistence will get through to them."

"I hope so. Maybe they are... in the castle?"

"Yeah, he is. He wears blue and flirts with girls and that makes you mad."

"Blue? It's not Lance, Katie!"

"I think you need to go to sleep. You're being really grumpy. More than usual."

"I just really don't want to be let down."

"I'm not a let down!" Lance screeches out of context.

"It's Lance, isn't it?"

"I told you so."