Chapter 13

I was laying on my bed with a pile of homework when I got a text from Danny

I was laying on my bed with a pile of homework when I got a text from Danny. I feel guilty that I avoided talking to him all day, but I'd been afraid that I might say something I shouldn't. It didn't help that I knew he would disapprove of me letting Isaac back into my life, and be even less approving of Isaac sitting at the foot of my bed this very moment. I glance up at Isaac who is begrudgingly doing some homework as well, and then open the message.

Danny: I feel like I haven't seen you since my stint in the hospital. Please tell me that you are coming to my recital tonight?

Me: Of course I will be there <3 I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I look back up at Isaac to see he has given up on his homework and is messing around with his phone. I can't help but think about what happened here last night, and my heart starts to beat faster. As if on cue, Isaac looks up at me with a smirk.

"I never mentioned how much I like your hair like that." He says, climbing towards me so he could run his hand through my short locks. I close my eyes as he kisses my neck, then my cheek and finally my lips. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and greedily kiss him back. I feel his hands slip to the bottom of my sweater, pulling the thick fabric up over my head. I break away from the kiss to help him out and throw the sweater to the floor. Now there is only a thin camisole covered my torso and I remember then that I hadn't put on a bra this morning. I watch Isaac eyes hungrily move over my body. At once I am nervous of what he is thinking. Is he disappointed with the curve of my small boobs? Has he been with girls who make me look like a little girl?

As if reading my thoughts Isaac looks back to my eyes and says, "El, I've never... that kiss you saw between me and Erica at the club, that's the only other person I've ever kissed."

       I watch his cheeks go red and can't help but smile. I take this opportunity to flip Isaac to his back and straddle my legs over him. He looks up at my smirk in wonder but helps me tug his T-shirt off nonetheless. I begin kissing his chest before he pulls my head back to his lips. Isaac's hands grip my back and pull me closer to him. I only have time to briefly panic about how far we are going to let this go when Isaac stops and pushes me away.

"El," he whispers, looking towards the door, "is your dad coming home today?"

"Shit, shit, shit," I respond and jump off him.

     I hastily grab my sweater off the floor and pull it over my shoulders. Isaac already has his T-shirt on and is watching me with wide eyes. I motion for him to stay where he is before walking down the stairs to meet my dad.

"Hey Dad!" I shout before entering the kitchen, "I'm glad you're home!"

    I stop dead in my tracks the moment I see him. My dad is standing over the kitchen table, reading over the notebook I had stupidly left there. Even from here I can see the header of the page reading: "Isaac is a werewolf??" It has been funny at the time at least...