Chapter 15

I jump at the sound of my window opening, but soon relax when I realize it's just Isaac

I jump at the sound of my window opening, but soon relax when I realize it's just Isaac. He climbs through the window, landing gracefully on the floor. I flick on the lamp next to my bed and sit up. In a quick movement he takes off his shoes and jacket and sits at the end of my bed.

"What happened?" I ask, and he begins to explain.

First, and most devastatingly, it turns out that Ms. Blake is in fact Julia Baccari. The woman my mother had been friends with for years was nearly killed in the same fashion, but somehow survived. Earlier this year she started sacrificing Beacon Hills residents on the telluric currents running throughout the town. Her plan is to gain enough power from these sacrifices to take on the Alpha pack. Ms. Blake will strike in a few days, on the Lunar Eclipse, when the werewolves will be powerless.

Apparently Ms. Blake hadn't just been fooling me, but she had even gone as far to manipulate Derek Hale, Isaac's alpha, into a relationship. Scott and Stiles had gone to warn him, and the three of them together had attempted to ambush her. Unfortunately she was able to turn the tables, and use both the location of the Sheriff and Derek's sick younger sister, Kora, to her advantage. They all ended up at the hospital under the impression that Ms. Blake would help heal Kora and tell them where the Sheriff was.

However the alpha pack ambushed them at the Beacon Hills Memorial and, under the pressure of an evacuation due to the storm, they had to fight to get Ms. Blake out alive. Isaac said that while most of them had gotten out safe ever, Ms. McCall had been taken. In addition to this, Allison's father suffered a major injury and was currently unconscious in the bed of a neighboring hospital. Isaac didn't think Allison would be leaving his side any time soon. As it turned out, Ms. Blake's next target was a final parent, and Mr. Argent was vulnerable in his state.

"What about Scott and Stiles?" I ask

"I wasn't able to talk to Scott, but Stiles called me to say he kind of joined the alpha pack. Scott seems to think it's the only way to stop Ms. Blake."

"What are you guys going to do?" I ask

"I have no idea," Isaac responds, shaking his head.

"Well I don't think it can be solved tonight, so let's try to sleep?" I ask, gesturing to the space next to me on the bed.

As a response Isaac climbs from the edge of the bed up to me. We shuffle around a bit until I am laying with my head tucked in the corner of his shoulder. Even though he slept in my bed just last night, I still feel jittery and nervous. Isaac must sense this, and he places a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I feel guilty," He whispers suddenly.

"Why?"

"Everything is falling apart around us. Stiles and Scott are both missing parents, Scott basically sold his soul to the devil by joining forces with the alpha pack and Ms. Blake is well on her way to becoming more powerful than all of us combined. I should just be focused on that, but I'm not. I can't stop thinking about how happy I am to be here with you." Isaac admits, reaching up to squeeze my hand that is resting on his chest.