day nine

||DAY 9

"You know," he said, only the shadow of his cropped hair visible from her angle as she laid in the bed. Her body was still stiff and sore, and she hadn't moved her limbs in days, except to toss and turn during the restless nights. "You're going to have to talk to me eventually."

She wanted to laugh as his words- his stupid, stupid words.

Not if I can help it.

She remained quiet and impassive as if he'd said nothing at all.

"But it's okay, I know this must be hard. So, in the meantime, I can just talk."

Silence.

"You don't have to be scared of me. I would never hurt you." The tone of his voice was soft and soothing, as it's always ever been, but in the prevailing darkness, it was as though he was merely a bodiless voice, floating in a midst of underlying turmoil. "We've known each other since we were kids. You know me. So don't worry about that."

You know me.

Her past with him was bright. It was in nothing but blaring colour. There must've been something though, some clue, or reason, or exposing factor that could explain all this. All the times she had talked to him or interacted with him played on a repeat in front of her eyes, searching for a sign. But each loop around, she came back with nothing useful.

It seemed to her, she supposed, there was no real reason as to why she had been stolen by him.