Chapter 2 | Back Again?

I roll over and see Joel's not there.

I check the time, 8:54.

Joel had a class at 7:50 and then a 9 slot for career discussion.

I sigh and roll over. I don't have to be in till 10.

I can't go back to sleep, and I hear Meri whining downstairs.

I pull myself out of bed and make a fuss of my two pets.

Joel's already fed them so I let Meri out and let buddy to do whatever he wants.

***

"Ooohh Lizzie"

I wince as Leah's voice rings through the corridor.

"What" I spin on my heel.

"I know you've been in this happy go lucky mood since Joel proposed, but your still as annoying as some gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe" she snarls.

I roll my eyes and start to walk away, before feeling her hand grasp my arm.

I gasp in shock and turn around again, my slightly traumatised hazel eyes meeting her icy blue ones.

"Listen here you little b*tch" she growls, her nose wrinkling up, "you are scum, not even that, so stop prancing around like the queen of the fairies, I will never forgive you for what you did"

I glare straight into her eyes, "Leah, you need to let go of the past, that happened moons ago" I start calmly.

"Wow aren't you observant" she sneers, before turning on her ridiculously high heels and trotting off.

I turn around and slam straight into Oli.

"Lizzie!!" He greets, pulling me into a big hug.

"Hi Oli" I say into his shoulder.

"Long time no see!" He holds me at arms length, a massive grin stretched across his face.

"Oli" I laugh, "I think I saw you yesterday!"

"Exactly!! AGES!"

I laugh and we walk down the corridor.

"So how are you and Joooeeelll" he coos, his panda hat wobbling on his head.

I straighten the sad looking hat and raise my eyebrow.

He always wears that panda hat, and now the features are a bit stretched and he looks a bit mangled. The panda, not Oli.

"Good" I laugh "I love the top by the way!"

He smiles and looks down at his shirt, with 'I paused my game for this' written in bold letters.

"Jessie got it for me"

I smile, Jessie is one of my best friends, and most importantly, she knows my biggest secret, and the burden I've carried, only she and I, and those who were involved, know what happened.

And because she's one of my best friends, I want her to be happy, and if being with the goofball that stands in front of me, and was also the first person I met when I moved here, well, the first that was friendly, makes her happy, then I'm happy.

If your wondering who the actual first person I met here was, it was Aaron, the cocky arsehole who tried to get with me on my first day, and then was the star of the downfall that was the truth or dare game.

Oli waves his hand in my face, "I gotta go to class" He says, before sidling off to his lesson.

I slowly walk to mine, thinking about when I first arrived here.

***

"Hey Lizzie" Joel says to me as we're watching Tv.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember when you were in a wheelchair" he starts softly.

I look up at him and smile, "yeah I do"

"I was just thinking about it, because we never took town some of the stuff from that"

"Yeah" I laugh, "we kinda liked it"

He smiles, and warps his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh!" I remember, "we need to figure out the guest list so we know the capacity of the venue and food stuff etc"

"Okay" he says slowly, "obviously the gang, and then our families"

"Yep" I say, typing it into my phone, "anyone else" I look up.

"Well.... we could invite some of the guys from your old school?"

I stiffen up, he still doesn't know.

"No I think I'll leave them out" I stutter.

He shoots me a confused look, "don't you want to see them? You hardly ever talk about them?"

"I'm going to feed Meri" I say, quickly standing up, knocking the popcorn over in the process.

"Lizzie but-"

I don't wait for what he has to say before I walk out.

I walk into the kitchen and Meri jumps up to greet me.

I pull her into a hug, "if only he knew"

"Knew what"

"JOEL! Don't follow me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack"

"Lizzie what are you not telling me"

"Joel if it was important I would have told you" I lie.

"Well why don't you tell me anyway"

I shake my head, "no, let's drop it anyway, I'm going to bed"

***
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Here's your Christmas chapter, sorry it's short but I have 6 chapters to write including this one so HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

I'm gonna keep this short!!
I hope you enjoyed the sequel, make sure to vote, add this to your library, follow me, and check out my other stories.
If you need to talk about anything, 9or want to send me covers, here's my email:
Featherinthewind05@gmail.com
The OC information will be on my profile.

And yeah! That's the sequel!!

- Feather In The Wind 💫