Chapter 6

The morning sun was shining through the window as I opened my eyes. Max's scent filled my nose, and memories from everything that happened last night came flooding back to me. A smile took over my face so wide the Cheshire cat would be jealous. I couldn't help it.

I slipped out of the bed without waking Max, not wanting to wake him out of the peaceful sleep he was clearly having. He had the lazy smile that I had already decided was my favorite look on him, and his hair was a complete mess of darkness. I sat there and struggled not to give into the temptation and run my hand through it. I didn't want to wake him up.

I found his shirt on the floor and and my panties and slipped both of them on before heading out his bedroom door. I peeked my head into the room next door, hoping to find a bathroom and instead finding a little girls room. The walls were light pink and she had a loft bed that was designed to look like a castle. I knew it was Molly's room right away, and closed the door again. I crossed the hall and found the bathroom. I quickly peed and then went downstairs to make some breakfast.

There was pancake mix in the pantry, and I searched through all the cabinets to find measuring cups and the griddle. I was a pancake making pro after having to make them so many times for my family over the last few years.

I also found some bacon in the fridge, and decided to cook some of that as well. By the time Max came down (only wearing his boxers), there was a plate with a tower of pancakes and another one with bacon. "Morning B," he said, his voice husky as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Morning Max," I whispered, leaning back into him and closing my eyes. I felt a smile come onto my face as his body curled around me, encasing me with his arms. His lips started trailing light baby kisses along my collarbone, and the only reason my legs didn't give out under me was because Max was holding me up. "I love you," I sighed.

"I love you too," he said, and he gently pushed on my cheek so my face was angled towards his. His lips found mine, and my heart jumped. Everything about his lips molded perfectly with mine. It was already one of my favorite feelings in the world, feeling the pressure of his lips on mine.

"I made breakfast," I whispered against his lips. My stomach made itself known at this point, and both of us burst into a fit of laughter. "So we should definitely eat."

Max nodded and grabbed two more plates from the cabinet, handing one to me before he stacked seven pancakes on his. "What do you like on your pancakes?" he asked, heading into a room off the side of the kitchen that must be the pantry.

"Peanut butter and chocolate chips," I said, piling four pancakes on my plate with a couple pieces of bacon. I found the silverware drawer and grabbed a knife for my peanut butter. I sat down at the island next to wear Max had put his plate down. He came out of the pantry with the syrup, peanut butter, and a container of chocolate chips. He grabbed a fork on his way back to the island.

"Here," he said, kissing me once more as he sat down.

"Thank you," I smiled goofily, spreading the peanut butter onto my pancakes before sprinkling chocolate chips on top. Out of the corner of my eye I watched Max drown his pancakes in syrup.

I fake gagged, "How can you do that?"

He turned to look at me, raising his eyebrows and making a face that would have had me drooling and weak at the knees if I wasn't so grossed out by the half bottle of syrup soaking into his pancakes.

"How can you not?" he shot back. "Who puts peanut butter on their pancakes? That's disgusting!"

"Peanut butter is not disgusting! Take that back!" I yelled, standing up as if it would make a significant difference in our heights. Max was still only an inch shorter than me, so all my hard work went to waste.

"No, peanut butter is gross. I hate it," he said, throwing his head back in laughter as he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me in between his legs and smirked, and I gave him a smirk of my own. "You're adorable." My heart did a little jump, and my smirk turned more into a wide smile. Max saw this and leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine.

My hands rested on his chest, feeling the thumping of his heart underneath. I traced the lines of his muscles, satisfied as I felt his body shutter at my touch. "When is your family coming home?" I whispered against his lips, letting my fingers slowly slide down his chest and abs to the waistband of his boxers. Another shutter, this one larger than the others, went through his body.

"Not until later this evening," Max said. "Why?" He knew exactly why I asked, I could hear it in his voice, but I went along with it and decided to tease him anyways. His hands rested on the back of my bare thighs, lifting me up so I was straddling him on the stool. "What do you have in mind?" His voice was considerable huskier than it had been a couple seconds ago, and just the sound of it alone sent a shutter through my body. He felt it too, and I felt his smirk against my lips.

My stomach growled once again, not exactly ruining the mood but definitely proving to both of us that I needed to eat before anything else happened. Max painfully took his lips off of mine and pulled my plate closer so it was right next to his.

"Now you don't have to move at least," he smiled, taking a bite of bacon. I twisted around a little so I could grab my pancake, and took a bite of it. The taste of chocolate and peanut butter seriously hit the spot, and a little moan escaped my lips. Max raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't judge," I laughed, gently smacking his bare shoulder, except I didn't take my hand away. I loved that he wasn't wearing a shirt or pants, and I found myself thinking of the day when we would have our own place and wouldn't have to worry about clothes at all. A felt a little tingle in the lower area of my body as I thought of what would happen in our own home, and I quickly scarfed down a few more pancakes at the same rate as Max, who seemed to feel the exact same way.

We didn't worry about dishes or cleaning up; Max picked me up and rushed back to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. We were both so wrapped up with each other without any other care in the world, and it was impossible to break ourselves out of that trance. All I knew was that there was a gorgeous boy in front of me who I was going to spend the rest of my life with, and I wanted to lock the door behind us and not come out for days.

"I love you Max," I whispered against his lips, our bodies as close to one another as we could get.

"Oh, B," he moaned, opening his eyes. "I love you so fucking much. I didn't know it was possible to ever feel like this about someone."