4

"James!" I heard Sage whisper-yell. "Over here!" I saw him with Kai and Terry sitting at a table in the middle of the library. We came here to study when we knew we had a test. And tomorrow, we had one in English. Mrs. Gerald was trying to kill us! A pop quiz today to "see how we'll do" on the test. Ughhh!

I sat down beside Kai and pulled the textbook out of my bag. I turned to the page where there were sections of famous poets like Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, and, of course, William Shakespeare. There were even some references from that occultist guy Aleister Crowley.

While we were 'trying' to study, we kept going back to what happened at lunch. "Dude, she's a legend!" Sage exclaimed in a whisper.

"Yeah dude. Did you see the look in her eyes?" Terry agreed. "Even Sarah backed down, and that new chick didn't even look in her direction."

Kai wasn't saying anything. He just kept his eyes in the book and glanced from time to time, but I could tell that he also was amazed about what transpired. He even busted a rare smile when Terry made a joke about it, saying that instead of "Tera Colter" it should be "Terror Colter." Me, I still couldn't get her out of my mind.

She just looked too much like the girl in my dream. I might be going crazy, but I'm almost 100% sure that wasn't a dream. I was gonna have some investigating after school. I was going to go the direction I went in my dream, and see if there were any clues. Footprints, anything.

But until then, until I turned into Sherlock Holmes, I had to keep my mind on the test we had tomorrow. I just hope that it was a dream, or else I'm probably going crazy or having delusions about a simple dream.

It couldn't have been a dream. She was there. She's a spitting image of the girl.

............

The bell rang, and everyone was dismissed. I made my way out the front door of the school along with the crowd of students headed for the parking lot. Kai had a Corvette that was a two seater that he usually drove Terry home with, along with himself. We usually followed him to it while he left.

"For the last time Terry, no." Kai said in annoyance. "Harry Potter fans didn't practice magic in Salem."

"But that series is about magic! I thought you guys were into that kind of stuff." Terry questioned.

"Ugh. Why does anything having to do with magic have to refer to the past?"

I laughed, knowing how pissed off the guys could really make Kai. Karma is a bitch, because me laughing at others' frustration caused me to bump into the wrong person.

I bumped into her shoulder, enough to cause her to almost lose balance, which shocked me considering how lean she was. "Oh damn, I'm sorry." I apologized.

Tera suddenly pushed me away, causing something to get caught on my hand.

"Move the hell outta the way." She said, not looking at me. She turned to me. "I oughta..." she stopped, staring at me. Her expression changed into the same soft look I'd seen from her earlier. We stared for a few seconds before she shook her head and resumed the hard face. "Move." She pushed past me towards the direction her Harley was sitting.

I looked down and saw a bracelet. It was a rope bracelet that stretched. It had little charms on it. Bronze leaves, gold feathers. But what really caught my eye for a little silver wolf. I thought the bracelet was beautiful. Wait! This is what got caught on my hand!

I looked up at her and waved a hand in the air. "Wait!" I shouted once, attempting to go after her, only to have a strong arm come across my shoulders.

"Oh Jamie boy! Looks like you pissed the new girl off." Zane said. "You shouldn't waste your time. A girl that hot needs a guy like me."