25

It was cold, and my arm was throbbing even more from the pain of a broken bone. The night was still young, and the moon was shining bright. Besides me and Flower, there was a crowd of werewolves here in these dark and battle-scarred woods.

"The North American Alpha?" I asked incredulously. This guy, this one man, ran the entire packs of North America?

He nodded, his smile white and shining through the night. "And you must be James. My, I didn't know Flower had such a tough child as you."

Flower looked back up at him. "Shut up and fix all of this already." She ordered.

He raised an eyebrow. "My, and I thought I was the North American Pack Alpha giving the orders." He sighed. "Fine." He looked over at Kurt, who was staring as incredulous as me. He didn't look like he expected him to come. "What's going on here?"

Kurt stood silent, eyes still wide at the sight of the middle-aged looking wolf. He looked 30, but knowing how long werewolves live, then I'm guessing he was well over that. This wasn't a guy who was to be taken lightly. If he was the Alpha of the entire North American packs, then he was very powerful.

Kurt didn't look like he could speak. So, the brown-haired man with the piercing bright-yellow eyes turned to look at Tera, and then, up at me, and a smile filled his face. "I'll ask you, Little Lamb."

I gulped. I don't think I was going to ask him not to call me what he wants. I already had my fair-share of werewolf tension. I just kept silent on that part and decided to answer whatever he needed answering.

"Well, here's what happened..." I started, kind of off my guard. "S-See, the reason they're fighting..." I couldn't get my words out because of the fear and adrenaline, as well as the shooting pain in my arm. "W-Well, this guy was trying to force Tera to go back."

"Go back?" He raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'go back'? Go back where?"

"To our home." Kurt answered, no longer stuck in shock. "She abandoned her pack and went rogue."

The Alpha smiled sinisterly. "Really? Young Tera went rogue on her pack?" He turned and looked at her. Once they made eye contact, she lowered her head. I'm guessing that was to show respect to his dominance. "Well then, I'm guessing she's committed a crime as to going rogue."

I butted in. "Excuse me, but Tera left for a good reason."

Flower turned and looked at me. "Shut up. You have no reason to be speaking right now. This isn't your concern."

"No, Dancing Wildflower, let your child speak." The Alpha said, holding a hand up, his eyes still on me. "I want to hear what he has to say."

Flower grunted, but went silent. I continued. "Um, well..." Damnit, why is this so hard? I'm guessing I can't speak well in front of others.

"Pack Master, you can't hold a trial without the rest of your pack." Kurt stated. "You do not have them here as a jury, so this cannot be a trial and therefore the human doesn't have to speak."

The Alpha, the Pack Master, looked at Kurt, and, with a sinister gaze, howled, a dark and hoarse howl. Suddenly, the entire perimeter was filled with more howls. I turned in all directions, and saw that we were surrounded entirely by at least maybe 30 large wolves. Some were light and were able to be seen, while the dark ones were only visible shapes in the dark.

The Pack Master looked at all of us, and, with a smile, said, "Court is now in session."

Where did they all come from? If I thought Flower and I were outnumbered by just 3, then I was mistaken to even think that made up mthe number that we were surrounded by now. They were everywhere. How the hell did so many werewolves get by with coming here without raising awareness to any pedestrians? I know there are hunters that come out at night to let their dogs lose to chase raccoons. How did they not get caught?