Farley (Male Attic Mothman x Trans-Male Reader)

You were running, plain and simple. You couldn't stand being home anymore. Your parents didn't understand you and your friends had distanced themselves from you. You'd had no support whatsoever when you came out. No one could accept you for who you knew you were, and you just had to get away from them.

The only person who was at all supportive of you was your great-aunt Magdalena everyone thought was crazy. She lived alone in a cabin in the hills two states away. You weren't even exactly sure how you were related to her, but you didn't care. She offered to let you stay in her cabin while you had your surgeries. She was the only person willing to give you the chance to become your true self.

When you arrived, she rushed out to meet you, arms open, wearing a fur coat despite the eighty degree heat. It felt so good to be welcomed somewhere, anywhere.

She said your deadname by mistake, then stopped herself, slapping a hand over her mouth in horror. "Oh, I'm so sorry! You don't go by that anymore, do you? What name did you choose?"

You told her, and she smiled. "Oh, how handsome. Let's get you in, baby. Are you tired?"

"A little. Thanks for putting me up, Aunt Magda," You said, feeling a little vulnerable.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all, darling," She said, ushering you inside. "Now, have you got the surgery scheduled yet?"

"No, but I go to see the doctor next week. We're supposed to schedule it then. She wants to make sure I've been on the T-treatments for long enough and have a conference with my therapist and reassignment counselor before moving forward."

"How long have you been taking T?" She asked.

"Two years," You replied.

"Is that long enough?"

"For the top surgery, yeah. I could have had it done six months after treatment began, actually, but I didn't have enough money then." You paused and grimaced. "Or support."

"Well, don't you worry, sugar plum," Aunt Magda said. "You stay here as long as you need to, okay?"

Her genuine kindness and unquestioning acceptance made you feel a bit like crying after all the rejection you had faced, but you sucked it up and smiled gratefully. "Thanks. I can't tell you how much this means to me."

She took your hand and patted it, leading you into the cabin.

It was small and cozy, if a little dated. You doubted there was wifi: she didn't even have a cable box attached to the 70's-style TV, just an old VCR. There were doilies and crochet coverings over the the furniture and beaded curtains covering the doorways. It was the quintessential kooky old lady set-up, and you loved it.

"So, there are a few rules," She said. "I don't like loud music and I go to bed at eight. Please be sure to keep yourself occupied in a quiet fashion while you're here."

"I will, Magda, I promise," You said dutifully.

"I make breakfast at seven, so if you want anything other than a bowl of cereal, you best get up early."

"Noted," You said, grinning.

"Lastly, never go into the attic. The floor up there is not stable and I'd really rather you didn't crash through the roof," She warned.

"Got it," You said pleasantly. The rules didn't seem so bad, but you'd have agreed to just about anything she asked at this point.

She pinched your cheeks fondly and hooked and arm in yours. "Let's get you to your room, then. Is that all you brought with you?" She motioned at your one suitcase.