Chapter Seven: Acceptance and Understanding.

Hello, everyone!

Sorry for the delay on this chapter. I took a short break on updating since I've been rather busy lately.

(From now on, updates may take a bit longer due to longer chapters and me being busy.)

Thank you all for all the support. It means so much to me!

This chapter is a bit long, so buckle up. It's going to be a long ride.

Seriously, I didn't mean for this chapter to be so long. Oops.

______________________

Within seconds, I felt my chest tighten. Lightly, I squeezed Kokichi's hand tighter, hoping to let him know that I understood his gesture. He was undoubtedly concerned about the presence behind us, and so was I. The mere utterance of his name from anyone other than me or my sister was enough to cloud me with trepidation. Despite my fear, I knew that I had to remain composed; it was of the utmost importance.

I hesitantly turned my form, Kokichi turning as well. Before us stood a brunette woman with crimson colored eyes. Her hair was rather long, freely draping down the back of her large, cream colored sweater. I looked towards her crimson orbs, but she had her gaze fixated on Kokichi, shooting him a rather confused stare.

"..It is you, isn't it?" She asked, her voice quiet as she tilted her head slightly. "Somehow, I knew you would turn up eventually." Her voice remained quiet, but grew colder, and more forceful.

I looked towards Kokichi, noticing that he refused direct eye contact with the woman. He wore a strange, nearly blank expression, his mouth slightly agape. As she continued to eye him, awaiting his response, he remained quiet and still. In that moment, I was unsure of what to do or say.

Suddenly, I heard the tapping of shoes approaching. At this, I looked beyond the woman's shoulder, taking notice of an approaching male with dark, blueish green hair, and hazel colored eyes. A black beanie adorned his head, and his black trench coat was swaying in the wind as he charged towards us.

"Maki, w-wait! Don't get—" Unable to finish his sentence, the hazel eyed male let out a sharp gasp. "H-huh?" He muttered out, stopping beside the woman. 

"Are you two alright?" I finally asked, tilting my head to the side and throwing on a confused, yet mostly composed expression. "Can we help you with something?"

"..." The woman remained quiet, shifting her eyes towards me for a few seconds before making eye contact with the concrete.

"I'm sorry, she gets ahead of herself sometimes," The hazel eyed male said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. "She just uh, thought she saw someone we used to know." 

"Oh, well I don't think either of us have met you before," I replied, throwing on my fake smile as well, hoping the others couldn't see through it like Kokichi could. "You don't know them, do you, Chikara?" I shifted my gaze towards Kokichi, meeting his eyes. He peered back at me, a strange, contrite look hidden deep within his eyes.

"No," he muttered softly, shaking his head. "They don't look familiar."