Introduction, Disclaimers, Hello!

"Best writing I have ever read. an incredibly journey that left me speechless, and with so many raw emotions not many other writers can give."—@bluefoodscar

"One of the best Beatles fanfics that I've read. A really good read."—@Daydream_Believer66

"This book takes you on the most soul twisting, nerve wracking, nail biting, heart warming journey. The characters are real, they come alive as if they're right there next to you. I don't think I've ever had quite the feeling i did when I read this book. It deserves to be remembered."—PineappleMcCartney

Welcome!

Thank you for clicking on my story. It means a lot that people are willing to read my work! This story revolves around a girl from 2013 interacting with many of the Beatles, more specifically John Lennon, when he was just 20.

The premise of the story—well, I won't spoil it for you—starts in Germany 1960 at the moments of the few months the Beatles had prior to Epstein's discovery and signing of them, their kickstart to fame and being publicly acclaimed rock stars.

It's been quoted that Hamburg was where the Beatles really improved and explored many areas of their musicianship. Having to play for hours on end forced them to improvise and produce many varieties of the songs they knew, as well as learn countless more. I decided to set the story here, because this was in a sense a pure time (in terms of being without the pressures of fame and fortune). They were still boys, barely twenty. Teenage boys, who would grow right into fame. John Lennon once said, "I grew up in Hamburg, not in Liverpool." Hamburg was in their roots and is thus an important part of their journey as The Beatles. Not only that, Hamburg was also the last moment before every living moment as a Beatle was dedicated to the mass media as the hottest thing in the sixties. As time passed from 1960-1969, many know that the Beatles went through tremendous periods of change, brought on by the pressures of fame and their surrounding company. Hamburg was essentially freeing, and I thought it would be interesting to start there.

I've tried to make each character true to themselves, but as an author I can't help but flesh out an individual, biased personality for each character, as you all probably do inside your heads. It's just what happens although they're not mine—they're the Beatles.

The story also contains characters that don't exist in real life. However, I've made an attempt to make everything as historically correct as the story will let me.

And the question—why choose John? John is a fascinating person, in my biased opinion the most interesting, broken, and tortured Beatle. He grew up in a broken home and was raised by an aunt who grew up learning not to express feelings. He lost his mother and father at five, found his mother again as a teenager, and lost her forever to a car accident. Pain was bottled up and repressed, but repressed feelings must come out in some way, and his songs and at his darkest times represent those inevitable times.

Thank you and enjoy!