³¹, ALL FOR ICE CREAM CONES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. . . 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘐𝘤𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴
❝ I like to live life on the edge. ❞

  IT WASN'T THAT Charlie Gilmore didn't enjoy spending time with her boyfriend. It was that Jess was simply refusing to study. Just over an hour, and the duo managed to get through one textbook page.

  "Jess," Charlie groaned, throwing her head back, "You know this stuff."

  "Exactly, so why are we going over it when we could be doing more productive things with our time?" Jess smirked, but it melted with a glare from Charlie, "Or not."

  "I told Luke I'd help." The girl frowned, twirling her pencil lazily, "Plus there's no New York if you can't get through high school."

  "That's cold," Jess placed a hand over his heart. "Think I won't graduate?"

  "You can't if you never show up or do work." The playful mood slipped from Jess once those words came out, "I'm sorry—"

  "Don't apologize, you're right," Jess sighed, leaning back in his seat, "So, where do we start?"

  Charlie wouldn't admit it, but she would've rather been doing anything else other than tutoring Jess. There was hardly a point, Jess just needed to know where the classes had gone whilst he was out, but the big thing that bothered Charlie was how backward it felt.

  She knew she wasn't a genius. The only reason Charlotte Gilmore had gotten straight A's was because Stars Hollow High wasn't a top-notch school, and she could memorize things found in a textbook.

  Jess was smarter than her, despite not showing that in school, and it was a simple fact. He'd picked up on her growing annoyance, he started off asking questions about everything and it took the boy no time at all to realize Charlie didn't have the answers.

  And that made him feel like a piece of shit.

  "This isn't Shakespeare." Charlie's eyes scanned over the notebook page that Jess had filled, he was supposed to be annotating a poem. He did not. "This is a Van-Halen song."

  "Yes, but which one?" Jess grinned.

  "Jess—"

  "Ten seconds."

  "This—"

  "9."

  "We're—"

  "8."

  "When It's Love." Charlie rolled her eyes, "Which is so far from Shakespeare."

  Jess frowned when the girl rested her forehead on the textbook, it seemed studying had taken more out of Charlie than out of him. The boy grabbed the leg of her seat and pulled her closer to him, ultimately shocking Charlie.