Bella's Experience

Hi daddy, I should be back soon. If I'm not, please don't look for me. I love you more than anyone. Love, Bells.

Bella had placed a pen down with shaking fingers beside the note on her freshly made bed. Her breath was rapid as the man beside her held a gun up to her head. The cold weapon was pressed against her temple as she looked up at him.

She looked one last time at her bed, and her teddy bear that her father gave her when she was born. There was a time when she slept in that bed peacefully, and none of this was going on.

Her last interaction with her father was her telling him that she was going to get some sleep. She wished she could have told him that she loved him before she left, but a hug goodnight was all she had to work with. He was safe and sound in his bed, and she felt comforted by that.

The man had a mask over his face, but Bella knew just who he was. It wasn't a shock to her that he was able to somehow sneak past the police cars and break into her house as her father slept.

"Don't make a sound or your father dies," the man had told her, his words muffled by the black cloth over his mouth.

Bella took a deep breath and tried to hold back her tears as he opened the door to her bedroom and held onto her arm roughly, the gun against her skull. She knew that her father was sleeping, but she prayed that he wouldn't wake up at all.

There was a hard and painful lump in her throat as the man brought her out through her side door and into the pitch black night.

They cut through her neighbour's backyard to a dark and isolated side street where his car was parked. The entire time, Bella could feel the harsh tip of the gun pressing into her skin.

The man had her practically hidden in his large jacket - she was pressed up against his body as the jacket was wrapped around her. She could feel his breathing and the warmth radiating off of him. She couldn't believe that a human being could cause so much anguish and distress.

He swung the back door open and shoved Bella inside before he looked both ways down the street. Bella stared up at him, but she didn't struggle, as much as she desperately wanted to. She allowed him to grab her wrists and tie them together with a wire, and she allowed him to shove a pillowcase over her head. He then threw her back with a strong amount of force onto the leather seat, where she whined a little as she heard him slam the door shut.

Her heart was racing as all she could see was the inside of the pillowcase. She jumped when the driver's side door opened and the car engine started.

"I know who you are," Bella said before closing her eyes. She wasn't as frightened as she expected herself to be, oddly enough.

Steven didn't answer, he just continued to pull roughly into the street, sending her slamming against the window. Bella swallowed hard and sniffled, pretending to cry.

"Are you going to kill me?" she asked, and she heard a throaty laughter spout from Steven as he drove.

"I absolutely am," Steven responded, and Bella could hear the joy threaded through his tone.

"I- I deserve to be killed," she answered, letting out a shaky breath. "I killed Rose."

Steven didn't answer for a few seconds, before he finally spoke up. "You do not call your mother by her name, that is disrespectful."

"I- I meant, I killed my Mommy," Bella said, leaning her head back against the seat.

"You wanted me to take you," Steven said, another bout of laughter following his words. "You made sure that side door was unlocked and you made sure I saw you. I know what you want."