Chapter Two

They had shown us to our dorm room not too long ago. Now everyone is getting ready for dinner. I wonder what they eat here... I overheard Reagan and Zane talking about some kind of cake... We had cake in Amity, but it was just plain white, the specialty in Amity was their bread. I hated that bread. You take one bite and you go nuts for a few hours then when it wears off you're in the worst mood ever.

I tread down the seemingly endless hallway, it gives off a sort of creepy vibe. I miss the sunlight... Before long I'm going to be as pale as a sheet of paper, maybe I can get away at some point... I also miss the stars too, all you see here is... Dark.

I walk into the cafeteria and grab a blueberry muffin. I then scan the area with my eyes, wondering where I might be able to sit. Definitely not with the leaders, I look over at the transfer table and ponder going over there then I look over and see Reagan waving me over, causing my eyes to light up.

Good, I'll be able to actually sit at a table and not in the dormitory as I did in school. Only in school I just sat in my next class.

"Hey, guys!" I chirp, and they all say hello back.

"Ready for the first day of initiation, kid?" Zane asks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"I think so," I start, but the words are taken out of my mouth when I glance over and realize Raelynn is sitting right beside us.

"Rae?" I question, and she turns around with a smile, causing me to see Alex right beside her.

"Hey, Via!" She grins at me, which I return, "This is Alex, he'll be overseeing your training, so don't try anything because he and I are friends."

"Mhm, just friends?" I smirk, making her slightly blush, shaking her head and I instantly understand.

They're just friends. One of the most painful phrases known to mankind.

"That's my older brother," Zane rolls his eyes, "I feel for you, thankfully he won't be training us,"

"Who's training the Dauntless-born?" I ask, taking another bite out of my muffin, and before I realize it the whole muffin is gone, I look at it sadly.

"Rae is, so if we try to do anything she'll tell Alex, so either way, it's a lose-lose," Reagan grumbles as I lightly laugh.

"So either way we can't get into any trouble sounds like, eh that doesn't bother me," I grin mischievously.

"Just- Just don't do anything to get you kicked out, okay?" Rae gives me a pleading look as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what I'm doing sis," I sigh before they get into another topic. I zone off into my thoughts thinking about what will be doing tomorrow.

"Hey, Alex, what are we going to be training for tomorrow?" I question, and he shakes his head.

"My lips are sealed, I ain't telling," he says as he makes a little motion with his hand as if he's locking his mouth, causing Rae, Reagan, and Zane to roll their eyes.

"It's fighting," they all three say simultaneously.

"Oh, that'll be easy," I scoff, as everyone except for Rae rolls her eyes.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Amity," Alex smirks as I roll my eyes, and I'm about to say something sarcastic but I'm cut off short by a man with many piercings and striking blue eyes.

Eric.

"What are you doing sitting with the Dauntless-born?" He scoffs as I roll my eyes.