Chapter Six

I'm awake before everyone else again, the nightmares becoming earlier and earlier. I close my eyes to at least try to go back, but my mind flashes with the images causing me to shutter and sit straight up. Silent tears begin to stream down my face as I slightly shake my head.

I gather my clothes and decide to take a shower since that's what I normally do. Peeling the clothes off from my skin I jump into the warm shower water. The only thing warm except for the food down here.

I slightly lean my head against the wall beside me as more tears make their way down my face, for some reason this one sent me on edge, but this was one of the worst.

"You're useless," he said taking off his belt as I curled up into a ball, terrified of what to come.

He was more drunk than usual, somehow he managed to smuggle it into the compound, normally Amity doesn't allow it, I'm not sure which faction he got it from. With Candor, he would have to tell his secrets, in Erudite, they would want to test him for it and we don't get along with Dauntless.

He tried to uncoil my body from the ball, and as hard as he could he slammed the whip down on my skin, biting my lip so I didn't scream, tasting blood.

I release a shaky breath, before finishing up, wrapping a towel around me before quickly drying my body off, putting on my clothes. Once I do, the clothing sticking to my body uncomfortably from my body not being dry enough, I brush my teeth then my hair.

Hours have passed, me just staring at the bunk on top of mine, I decide to go to the cafeteria, walking slowly, wanting sleep but I know I can't have it, I've waited too long. But even if I did, it would pain me if I entered that dream and it picked up from where it had started, my mind replaying the events over and over again of what had originally happened didn't help much.

I walked into the cafeteria, grabbing a muffin from the little stand. I take my rightful spot with my group, and smile once I realize that Naomi is already here, she's fitting in quite well.

"Hey, guys..." I whisper quietly, biting into my muffin, I think today is going to be one of my off days, where everything goes wrong, but I'm not sure yet, it's just a gut feeling.

"Hey, you seem very... Dull today," Raelynn asks skeptically, which I just shrug off.

"I'm fine!" I say, putting on a smile, it's fake and I think she knows it but she lets it go.

"Hey, Al," I pipe up after a few minutes, and his head snaps over in my direction.

"Yeah?" He starts, "What is it?"

"What time is it?" I ask, slightly rolling my eyes and he checks his wrist.

"It's time for you to head towards the training room if that's what you want to know," he answers, and I begin to stand up.

"Thanks, dude!" I chirp before going on to the training room, soon realizing that today would be knife throwing.

Soon the initiates begin to pile in, and we are assigned to our boards. Eric shows us how to do it and you're aiming at the board.

I put the knife behind my head, as Eric had shown us, and make a few fake throws, irritated when I heard the devil's voice speak.

"Today, initiate," he grumbled from behind me, and I throw the knife at the board, it hitting the center.

"Is that," I turned around, "good enough?"

"No," he murmured, and I rolled my eyes, still unsure of how he would break me, but then again as I had said, you can't break someone who's already broken.

I went up to get my knives, and as I reached for one of them, something pierced my skin. I didn't scream, I didn't yell, I didn't shout, I closed my eyes for a second, allowing one tear to let loose, but the others to stay, and looked at my hand to find a knife right through the center of it. It was on purpose.

"Well, would you look at that," I stated calmly, looking over at Max who had a smirk on his face, "I've been impaled,"

I yank that knife out, and blood gushes everywhere, but I turn my head to the side so I don't see any more of it. I look over at Eric and Alex calmly.

"Who's going to take me to the infirmary before I bleed out?" I ask as I feel my head suddenly get lighter, "I'm going to fall,"

My body became dead weight as I fell to the floor, blacking out immediately.

I wake up slowly, and painfully, I guess I lost too much blood, that's nice. I also probably shouldn't have taken the knife out considering it was slightly leaving the blood in, but it's too late now, I guess.

"You're factionless," I look up as I hear a slightly annoying voice to me now, Eric.

"What?" I ask, slight confusion on my face.

"I said," he pronounces the words slowly, "you are factionless,"

"No, I am not," I argue, and he delicately raises an eyebrow at me.

"Really?" He questions and I nod my head slightly.

"Yes," I state, "the ranks haven't even come up, and you're saying I'm factionless because another initiate threw a knife at me?"

"You were weak-" he starts but I roll my eyes.

"I lost consciousness from lack of blood you idiot," I answer, and he glares at me.

"You're factionless," he walks out.

I'm not factionless, the rankings have not come up, we're still in the first stage. I've done quite well, I know what I'm doing and nothing he says before the ranking come up is going to make me factionless and I know that.

A nurse soon comes in and hooks me back up on the medication and I quickly find myself dozing back off into a dreamless sleep, right before I do though, I realize I didn't have a nightmare.

Q:
Favorite Divergent Book and Movie?

A:
Favorite book is Divergent, favorite movie as a non-book fan is Allegiant, but favorite movie as a total Divergent fanatic, Divergent because it didn't go downhill like the rest lol

If ya don't mind, favorite this chapter, and add the book to your library to receive notifications for when a new chapter is up!!

Follow me for new coming content