Chapter Three

After training, I had gone back to the dorms. Quickly changing out of what I had on, I decided to walk around before I unconsciously stumbled across the Chasm. I sit a few feet behind the edge and listen to the peaceful water as it crashes against the wall. After a few minutes, I decided to go back to the dorms.

As I'm walking I drag my fingers across the cool wall, before entering the room and going straight to my bed. Realizing all of the other transfers already asleep. I lay down on the hard mattress and eventually fall asleep.

I awake once again with another nightmare and check the clock, three in the morning. I decide to go ahead and shower, and get dressed. Grabbing some clothes I go over to the shower and turn the water on. I lay the clothes beside the table as I strip, then getting in closing the shower curtain, the only thing giving us some privacy, behind me.

I love the feeling of the hot shower water pouring on my body, it's always really cold here, I'm guessing because the only places that can be somewhat warm are the apartments for official Dauntless members.

After I'm done I turn the water off and look around before fully opening the shower curtains. I quickly dry myself off before getting dressed. I brush my hair out and throw it up in a ponytail, which painfully hurts because it's not fully dried yet.

I walk back into the dorms and check the time again, four in the morning. I find myself walking towards the infirmary, I walk in to see a tired looking nurse running around. She instantly notices me and tiredly smiles at me, which I return.

"Hi, um... Do you think there's anything that could help me sleep at night?" I ask, looking around as I do before finally meeting her eyes again.

"Yeah, sure," she says as she goes to some kind of room, telling me to wait before she does so, "I'm sorry honey, we don't have anything that could help,"

"Oh, okay, that's fine," I answered before sighing, "thank you, though" I smile gratefully.

"Oh, and do you happen to know what time it is?" I question, looking around for a clock.

"Yeah," she glances over at a clock I hadn't realized was there, it blended in with the cave walls though, "five forty-five,"

"Okay, thanks, again," I said before walking off, we usually have to be in the training room by six-thirty, so I might as well go on and have some breakfast, thinking about how I'm just going to have to deal with these nightmares head on.

I walk to the cafeteria and grab yet another muffin, which is becoming a habit. I really should venture out and stop getting muffins, but they're so good.

I take my respectful seat with Raelynn and the Dauntless-born. Oh, and Alex. I immediately take a bite into the muffin. They talk about training and I silently listen before Raelynn turns around.

"I heard you beat poor Alex up," she smirks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"He was asking for it," I answer before Alex pipes up.

"He wouldn't have let you go unless we actually fought," he starts, "Or else he would have himself if we hadn't."

"What do you mean he wouldn't have let her go?" Raelynn asks, "Did she get in trouble?"

"No!" I defend, and Alex sighs before giving me an apologetic look, mouthing the word 'sorry'.

"Kind of..." He whispers, and Raelynn gives him a slap behind the head.

"Rae!" I shout, and she rolls her eyes.

"What did you do?" She asks, and I sit straighter.

"I didn't do anything," I answer, looking her in the eyes.