Chapter 10

Emma's P.O.V.

To make a plan to get mom back, we needed all of our allies. Since our fathers could provide us warriors from their pack, we still needed to contact Josh and Chris. They had been searching for info about the base mom is in and how to take them down. 

I tell everyone, "We need to call Josh and Chris to see what they know now."

Ethan and Jackson nod. I have borrowed Alice's phone, you know just in case. I pull it out and everyone looks at me sideways.

Ryder asks, "Isn't that Alice's phone?"

"Yup," I reply. They don't ask anymore questions. I put in Josh's number and put the phone call on speaker phone. 

RING!

RING!

RING!

Finally, he picks up, "Hello, this is Josh Smith. Who is this?"

I talk for everyone, "Hey, Josh. You are on speaker phone. Where is Chris?"

"Here," Chris answers himself.

"Good, now that we are all here we can get down to business. The Alpha have agreed to help on the condition that they get a week to reconnect with mom. What info do you have for us?" I say.

Chris starts, "Clarissa hacked into the Hunter database-"

"Wait, how did she do that? The werewolf Kings have been trying forever," interrupted Asher. 

I glare at him, "The Smith Organization is better supplied than the werewolf Kings. They are too high and mighty to help than they don't need to know." Asher gets the hint and shuts up.

Chris continues, "Anyway, Clarissa recovered a map of their base with guard shifts and everything. Once she got past the original firewall, nothing was protected. Cocky bastards. . ."

Josh picks up where Chris left off, "We have all the info we need strategically to storm the place. I have to warn you that it is strictly a rescue operation. The warriors provided by the Alphas will be our distraction while those from the Smith Organization slip past. We get any prisoner there and run for the hills."

"What do you mean we aren't taking down the Hunters?" questioned Ryder.

Ethan answered him, "We are putting a huge dent in their plans. The Smith Organization will follow up the frontal attack with infiltrating spies who poisons people and reports back their plans. After the attack, they will be vulnerable to take advantage of."

Jackson adds, "We have done it before on all the Hunter groups bordering us. It works. The only reason for the frontal attack is to get mom and the prisoners early on."

Ryder nods, satisfied with the answers we gave. Even if he hadn't liked them, he already agreed to the deal.

Chris says, "You know this will be simpler if we come to you."

"Yeah, I think so too. Order the border patrol to let us through and we can be there in an hour," announced Josh.

"Done, use the helicopter," I order.

Josh chuckles, "What did you think I was going to do? Walk? Never." With that, I end the call. 

Asher explodes, "You could have asked us before giving them the right to go on our territory."

I smile sweetly at them, "Ethan and Jackson agreed and that's all I need since they are the Alphas to be."

Asher swears, "You are just like our mother. She would have loved you."

I cock my head to the side, "Loved?"

Ryder replied with an emotionless voice, "Dead." I don't answer because I have no idea what to say. 

Luckily Ethan saves me, "I'm hungry. Let's eat." He turns and starts cooking the kitchen. There was still a tense silence between us but at least it isn't awkward.

*One hour later*

After Ethan managed to nearly set the house on fire by boiling the water, everyone was joking and teasing one another again. It was nice. 

Then, we heard the helicopter. I jumped up and ran out of the house. Josh and Chris had arrived! Ethan and Jackson followed me with the Alphas following them. 

The Alphas had a helicopter pad on top of their house. The moment it touched down both Josh and Chris came down. 

I jumped into Josh's arms squealing like a little girl, "Joshy!"

Behind me, I heard two growls, my fathers. But why did they growl? He isn't my mate or mom's mate.

Josh gave me a quick hug and let me down. I turned back towards my fathers. Ethan and Jackson were standing next to them. I burst out laughing at the picture.

Ethan asked me confused, "Why are you laughing?"

"It's just that with our fathers and you side by side I was surprised no one told us that you were that identical," I replied. Ethan grinned at me and so did the Alphas.

I then introduced everyone, "Ryder, Asher, meet Josh and Chris. Josh, Chris meet Alpha Ryder and Alpha Asher."

Both pairs of men were sizing each other up. Chris was standing really close to Josh. Chris was the more possessive, jealous one. Even if he knew that Josh wasn't look at my fathers that way, his wolf was still antsy.

Ryder advanced first, "Welcome to our pack, Josh and Chris!"

Josh more diplomatic answered, "Thank you for your help in the matter of Ava."

Chris muttered under his breath, "Worthless bastards. . ." He did not mean that to be heard. Ryder and Asher struggled with the control of their wolf at such disrespect. It meant a lot that they were trying not to rip Chris's throat out.

I shoot him a glare, "Idiot!" I run over to my fathers and hope my resemblance to mom would be enough. I smelled like her some since she was my mom. I gave them a hug, making soothing noises.

It worked! We awkwardly stood there for a couple minutes until their wolves were back under their control.

Josh moves forward slowly as not to spook them again, "I apologize for my mate. We have been with Ava ever since she first made it to No Man's Land and are rather protective of her."

Ryder looks up at him, "I understand and all is forgiven. Thank you for taking care of Ava."

I look back and forth between the two, sensing the double meaning of their words. In the end, I give up on making them like each other. They only need to be able to cooperate.

I start walking back inside and call to them, "C'mon, we have some planning to do."