Chapter 12

Jackson's P.O.V.

The group has made it to the tunnels. I made note to seal the entrance we used. I mean I trust the pack to a certain extent, but one cannot ever be too careful when it comes to security.

It was a silent journey as no one dared speak. What was cool about these tunnels is that our resident witch bewitched them to make the journey faster.

Right now, if we were aboveground, it would take an hour or two to make it to headquarters. Underground, it takes half an hour. 

I loved this piece of magic. Witches and warlocks/wizards were a nearly extinct race. The Alpha Kings of the Supernatural world hunted them down and killed them for their power.

In fact, most of them were in our care. We pissed off the Alpha Kings, especially the Alpha King of North and South America by sheltering them. Oops, not sorry.

Soon enough, Josh announced, "We're here."

Not that I would admit it to anyone, but I was worried. Wolves and vampires don't play nice together outside of the Smith Organization.

In our Organization, we make it clear that even if a single fight takes place, both perpetrators will find themselves out on rogue land faster than they can say Mississippi. The wolves from the pack are not used to this.

I hang back and watch every person go up the ladder to our home. Hopefully, all will go well.

Of course, that's not what happened. The moment that the pack wolves entered the mess hall the silence became deafening. Everyone was staring at the newcomers and not in the friendliness way. It was more of a fangs and teeth bared, ready for a fight king of way.

I had to speak up. Everyone here was too protective of Emma, so if she spoke, they might attack the wolves. For Ethan, he was the fighter and wants a fight just as much as they do just against the Hunters. I was respected and feared, everyone would listen to me more than the others.

I clear my throat and all eyes look to me, "Hey, I do not know if Josh and Chris informed you that Ava, our Luna has been taken by Hunters."

The collective gasp of the room seems to show that Josh and Chris had not told most of them anything.

I continued, "Well, she has. It was not any Hunter group, but the mother group. These wolves come from the Blood Moon pack."

Max, a werewolf who was turned rogue by said back growls.

I told him, "Cut it off Max, we need their help. Either way, the twin Alphas are Ava's mate. Mom told us to go to them because this group is too big for us to attack on such short notice. And as you know, we could take down the group, but by then, Ava will be dead. So, no one is allowed to start confrontations, attack anyone wolf here. You know the rules."

Stefan, a vampire, asked, "Do we have to?"

I chuckle lightly, "Unfortunately yes. For mom, I would do anything. Remember the time you were so starved when we found you and she volunteered to feed you, no matter the dangers."

Stefan nodded his head, "Yes, I remember and will cooperate with these mutts to return the favor of saving my life."

Laurine, another werewolf who was forced to go rogue by her pack and is now Stefan's mate, "Hey, am I a mutt too?"

Everyone but Stefan could tell that Laurine wasn't serious and she wasn't mad at him even if she was pretending she was.

Stefan looked panicked, "That's not what I meant, sweetie. You know that. It's the pack wolves who are the mutts not you."

Laurine laughs at him and the tension in the room decreases. Thank God! 

Suddenly, Tony walked in and the tension skyrocketed again. Tony had been the gamma of the  Blood Moon pack and had gone missing from his pack in battle. He came to the Smith Organization and found us. The true reason was that the position was too stressful for him and if he quit, everyone would look at him like a failure so he went M.I.A. (Missing In Action).

The new gamma, Leo, was with us right now as a the best warrior, he had been best friends with Tony. It was very awkward.

Tony looked at us annoyed, "Next time you want to invite my ex-pack which I ran away from, give a guy a warning." I shrug while Emma smiles apologetically.

Leo says, "Tony?"

Tony turns back to him, "Nice to see you Leo, Alpha Ryder and Alpha Asher."

Leo chokes out, "Why did you leave?"

Tony runs a hand through his hair, "I couldn't take being gamma anymore. I never wanted the position, it was thruster upon me. And the last time a gamma quit instead of dying or retiring he was treated like a slave."

With a change of attitude, Leo yells, "You could have at least told someone, you asshole! I mourned you as dead!"

"I wish you still thought I was," muttered Tony clearly meaning for that not to be heard.

That was all it took for Leo to go lunging at Tony. With a motion of my hand, I tell everyone not to intervene. This was personal and Tony needed to solve his own shit. I will only rescue him if there is a chance of dying.

When the two of them wrestled, it was clear they were talking to each other. We couldn't hear them, so I turned towards our guest.

I told them, "Sorry for the disturbance, these two wolves will battle it out between themselves as long as there is no fatal harm. Now, follow Ethan as he shows you to the conference room where food and drinks will be brought to you since we eave in two hours." 

Ethan leads them out as I keep watch over the battling Tony and Leo. After 10 minutes, I got bored of waiting and yanked them apart.

I lectured them both, "Leo, you shouldn't have reacted like that when Tony revealed he was still alive. Look at things from his point of vue. Tony, you really should have at least told your best friend you were leaving instead of faking your death. Now, both of you, go to the conference room with everyone else as you are both fighting tonight."

They obeyed me and left. I sighed, I hated dealing with idiots. I followed them into the conference room where the people from our Organization were on one side with the pack wolves on the other and Emma, Ethan in the middle. Great, another mess to deal with.

I announced, "In two hour's time, the Smith Organization will use our ressources to drop us off in front of the Hunter's headquarters. This is not a takeover as you know, but a rescue mission. The moment that Ava, our mother and Luna, is retrieved we will retreat."

A wolf from the Blood Moon pack asked, "Why not destroy them from the root now?"

I roll my eyes, "You have heard stories about the Smith Organization. The way he take down Hunter groups ensure that they stay down. If we do it your way, there will be new Hunters created from the survivors who will have even more reason to hunt us."

I was at the end of my patience and Ethan could tell as he was my twin.

He took over, "Jackson and I will lead the pack wolves and our own warriors. During that time, the Alphas will get my mother. You can discuss more precise methods with myself. Please do whatever is necessary to get ready for a fight."

Soon enough, both sides interacted as they spoke of the oncoming battle. Nothing brings people together more than war.

The two hours went by quickly and everything was ready. We only had to wait two hours for the witches to prepare the powerful spell to send us to the base and bring us back. 

Emma ordered the group, "Stay still and do not move. This might be unpleasant."

And it was quite unpleasant, but we were finally coming for mom.

She just needed to hold on a little bit longer.