Chapter 25

I changed some of Alicia and Ava's conversation. Now, in chapter 24, Alicia also offers to show proof of her relationship with the Alphas to Ava. This is what completely convinces her.

****************************

Jackson's P.O.V.

I hate the fucking Alphas! I warned them, I told them not to hurt my mother, their mate. Then, mom comes running to me, talking about how the Alphas were seeing someone else the entire time. 

I threatened them with emasculation and the destruction of everything they hold dear, yet they still hurt my mother, ma mere, meine Mutter (my mother in french and German). I am going to follow through with my threats. 

I mind-link Ethan, "Stay with our mate. I have something I need to take care of."

"We'll watch a movie," Ethan informs me. I cut off the link, I couldn't tell Ethan what had happened because there was a real chance he would go after them too. But I needed him to stay with our mate.

I storm out of my room and follow the Alphas' scent to their office. Of course, they prioritize work over their own mate, bastards.

Without knocking, I swing the door open and glare at them. Their faces show their confusion. Apparently, they don't know that Mom has been informed of their ultimate betrayal. 

I sneer at them, "I warned you not to hurt her."

Ryder tilts his head to the side, "What do you mean, son?"

"I am not your son!" I yell.

Asher approaches me, "What did we do?"

I shove him away from me, "You lost your last chance with your mate."

The room freezes in its' mouvements and the temperature drops twenty degrees. I see them fight their wolves for dominance. Their wolves love Mom and I know that. It is the human part that I want to beat to pulp. Asher and Ryder win their internal fight.

Ryder orders me in a strained voice, "Explain."

I smirk, "You really thought that Mom wouldn't find out about your hidden bitch, Alicia."

Their faces are even more confused and I falter. They are acting like they don't know anything. But that is what they are doing 'acting', both of them tricked me before, so they could trick me again. I regain my confident demeanor. 

Asher questions me, "What about Alicia?"

I take a step forward, "That you have been fucking Alicia the entire time and you only want Mom for the power of a true Luna."

The confusion on their face turns to rage, "We have done no such thing!"

I laugh bitterly, "Then tell me why my mother was in tears because of someone called Alicia had proof of your relationship. You broke my mother, so you will never see her again!"

With that last sentence, I pushed them over the edge. Asher lunges at me and pins me by my throat to the wall. Easily, I slip out of it by a punch to his throat. Ryder kicks me and knocks me down the moment I get free from Asher. I use the momentum from my fall to roll out of their way. I get up behind them and land a solid hit to Asher's knee, putting him down. I circle Ryder, looking for a weakness.

Meanwhile, Ryder speaks, "I do not know of what lies you speak, but I promise you that nor Asher nor I have been with someone since your mom left."

Asher adds, "Our wolves swore they would never left us shift again if we strayed, not that we wanted to. Ever since we laid eyes on your mother, we belonged to her and longed for no one else."

Them talking gives a chance for all three of us to cool down. Asher shows that he longer wishes to fight be remaining in his vulnerable position on the floor. Ryder quickly follows by sitting on the nearby couch, not perching on it but truly sinking into it. I am the last to let my guard down as I relax my muscles, but remain standing.

Unimpressed, I look at them and the destruction which was their office, "You have two minutes to convince me or we will finish this fight."

Asher starts, "Like all packs, there are women or men who wish to gain power. Alicia, Jessica, just to name a few, they are bloodthirsty. Jessica or Alicia behave the same way by sleeping around. The men listen to them, but in their head, each of them are convinced we are their mates."

Ryder continues, "Jessica was the one responsible for the attack on your mate and sister."

With those words, he set me back on edge. What attack? Why wasn't I informed? I am so going to bust Emma bout this.

Asher hit Ryder over the head, "You idiot! Emma is going to kill us now, she told us not to tell."

Ryder rubs the back of his head, "Not my fault I forgot."

I sigh at their bickering, just like Emma and Ethan, "Now, explain that statement or Emma isn't the only one who is going to kill you."

Asher sighs, "Well, Jessica had been obsessed with us and now you for a while. She craves power and wants to be Luna. Jessica cornered your mate and sister yesterday. She was demanding that Emma come with them since she was your sister. When Emma defended Auriel, Jessica called out her many boy-toys. They had a gun, so Emma got Stefan to show up. She scared off the boys and punched Jessica. Emma also wanted Auriel to tell you the full story."

I nod my head, "Continue with the story before."

Ryder said, "These women make these irrational claims. It is our fault for leaving Ava alone so vulnerable from our new relationship. Her 'proof' was probably something from before we met your mother. Back then, we slept around, but not since your mother." 

I thought about their words. I wanted to believe them so badly. It could be true or it could be another lie. I look up at Ryder and Asher, their faces look vulnerable. I can see the guilt of leaving Mom alone, the fear of her leaving them . . .

These emotions were all shown on their faces as plain as day. These powerful Alphas could be read as easily as a book. That is what made the decision for me.

I tell them, "I believe you, but we might have a problem. Mom is planning on hiding on your territory for the rest of the week before leaving for Europe. She respects the deal while doing it too."

A determined look comes over Ryder and Asher, "We will find her and make it right."

They still weren't moving and I yelled at them, "Then go fix it!" before shoving them out the door.

I hope I am making the right decision by trusting them again.

***********************

I feel like complete shit! I didn't even know that a side effect of bad period cramps could be vomiting! What a fucking horrible day!

Sorry about that rant, I am just feeling grumpy and sick.