Chapter 5: Parents (vol. scallions)

Dou Xun and Xu Xilin were "invited" to Qilixiang's office on Friday's long break.

Xu Xilin hadn't had such an embarrassing episode in years. He tried to scrape up some remorse, and came to the conclusion that he did nothing wrong---it was all because Dou Xun was too big of an arse.

Ever since the first day Dou Xun arrived, Xu Xilin felt like they clashed with each other completely. And then Tsai Jing happened, and Luo Bing happened. The hate kept piling up, quantity change causing qualitative change, the verbal fight evolving into a physical one.

Qilixiang was enraged. "Speak! Look at how you did your job as the organization leader, Xu Xilin! Why did you get into a fight?"

Xu Xilin's jaw throbbed a numb pain. He accidentally bit his tongue during the fight, so now his mouth was full of the tang of blood. He sneaked a peek out of the corner of his eye at the even more disheveled Dou Xun, and decided that this kid was used to fights as he was used to eating. But determined from the result, it was the two years of kickboxing classes he took in junior high that gained the upper hand.

In front of the homeroom teacher, Xu Xilin didn't want to lose. But he also didn't want to waste any effort on explaining, so he simply lowered his head and acknowledged his mistake. "I was just too rash in the moment, it won't happen again."

Hearing the sentence full of fake sincerity, Dou Xun immediately let out a snicker. His lips split, it was uncomfortable for him to express his disdain with his mouth. So he used every facial muscle he had instead.

Qilixiang: "......"

She knew why these two rascals got into a fight. Having seen Dou Xun's demeanor, she almost wanted to get over there and punch him herself too.

It took Qilixiang several deep breaths to calm down. She slammed her palm down on the desk, and yelled, "Is 'rash' even a half-decent reason? If you can punch your classmate now because you're rash, what will happen when you're 'rash' in the future? Stab someone and kill them?"

Xu Xilin's expression dropped. "Ms., I was wrong. Do you need me to go back and write an inspection immediately? There will be no next time, I promise."

Dou Xun immediately rolled his eyes.

Even a *comical dialogue probably couldn't be as seamless as this.

Qilixiang felt like she really needed some instant cardio-relievers.

She had been the homeroom teacher of this class since they were in the first grade of high school. She knew that Xu Xilin was someone who only obeyed the rules on the outside, and never learned his lessons. When admitting his mistakes, he was smooth as a whistle, but that didn't stop him from having a "next time". All his beautifully written inspections were authored by Tsai Jing.

If this was a normal occasion, Qilixiang wouldn't have let him go so easily. But you only realize when there's something to compare, and compared to the snorting Dou Xun, Xu Xilin seemed much more adorable. Almost to the extent of gentle.

Deciding fast, Qilixiang quickly punished them fifty hits each. After some more warnings, she let them go back to their classes.

On the surface, she seemed to be harsher to Xu Xilin. But the second the two students left, she pulled out the address book, and called Dou Xun's father, Dou Junliang.

Qilixiang spoke a single "hey", and before she could say what she was calling for, Dou Junliang had already spoke, uncaring that she was going to speak, "Ms. Zhang......ah, hello, Ms. Zhang, it's so inappropriate, having you to put effort in calling. Did Dou Xun get into trouble again? Let me tell you, don't think of saving me the embarrassment, just punish him. This tree needs trimming to make him grow straight. Right! So, uh, can I call you later? I'm quite busy over here......"