Chapter 7: Group Fight (vol. scallions)

Xu Xilin didn't give a fuck about who Wu Tao held a grudge with, but if Wu Tao was using his name, it really wasn't that pleasant.

It was Xu Xilin's turn to be the class helper on Monday morning. He brought a bag of fruits and another bag of snacks and shared it with all the other helpers, using "my alarm clock didn't ring this morning" as an excuse, and apologized jokingly, a large smile on his face. He humored everyone, causing everyone to not badger over the fact that he was slacking off.

After the job was done, he opened the English textbook absent-mindedly, randomly choosing a page and joining the buzzing chant. At the same time, he was calculating what Wu Tao and the other was planning to do––because this Dou Xun had a same quality as the broadleaf bracket-plant hanging on the window at the back of the classroom. His feet seemed to be permanently rooted to the classroom's ground, and wouldn't budge easily.

And plus, no matter if it was Li Buozhi or Wu Tao, these little "gangsters" were afraid of those stronger than them, and would only be brave enough to push around those weaker than them. They wouldn't dare to bully Qilixiang's darling right in her face where everyone could see.

Thinking, Xu Xilin turned back to sneaked a peek at Dou Xun––what he didn't expect that he was noticed by the sensitive Dou Xun! Before Xu Xilin could be awkward, Dou Xun shot a poisonous glare at him.

"Fuck," Xu Xilin, attacked by no reason, turned back, fuming, "Who cares if he's alive or dead."

Xu Xilin quickly forgot all about Dou Xun. His entire mind was occupied by the afternoon's PE classes––only Monday and Friday afternoons had PE class(only one), and the Friday afternoon one was usually taken away by other teachers for other uses––which made the Monday one extra precious.

During breaktime, Xu Xilin went to the school team thrice to finally stop the coach in his way, running so much that he felt that his legs had thinned. He shamelessly booked a court, but who knew that when he left the classroom in the second break, he horrifyingly saw Qilixiang go downstairs with a lesson plan in her hand, ready to forcibly take the PE class for her own use against morality!

Xu Xilin immediately went back the way he took, and dashed into the classroom, "Luo Bing! Luo Bing!"

Luo Bing had her face buried in chemistry homework, guessing out the answer from a few tiny bottles. She was halfway through writing a chemical formula, but then was freaked out by Xu Xilin.

"Qilixiang's down from the mountains," Xu Xilin propped one hand on her desk, "The people need your protection, class president, it's time for you to show your responsibility as a member of the class committee...Jeez, sis, why do you have to conspire in a time like this, what if this can't be wiped off?"

Luo Bing's deskmate, a girl, subtly took out a small bottle of nail polish while he was talking. She painted a tiny pink heart on his thumb on Luo Bing's desk, and looked up at him with a smile.

"Hehe, just testing out the color."

Xu Xilin didn't have time to lower himself to the same level as the likes of her, as he could already feel the "mosquito coil" smell on Qilixiang in the air. "C'mon, fast, we're all relying on you two!"

The moment Qilixiang stepped foot into the classroom, she was instantly surrounded by a group of hardworking students lead by Luo Bing. They each had one physics workbook in hand, and automatically lined up into a queue for their questions to be answered.

In free study periods, it was usual for math and physics teachers to have such treatment when they enter the room. They were basically already used to these fan meeting-like sort of treatment, so Qilixiang didn't take notice of it. After she finished answering a mountain of homework questions, she looked up and realized something––more than half of the class had already left!