Chapter 10: Breaking the Ice (vol.scallions)

Dou Xun was a problematic student with excellent grades, having been asked for his parents to come to school more than once.

At first, his teachers were unaware of what his family's situation was like. Once they witnessed this child's actions, they all wished they could force his entire family to come to school and do research on adolescent mental health. After some time, they gained a rough understanding of what was going on, and most of them could only turn a blind eye to it, leaving the issue unsolved.

The last time Dou Xun was asked to get his parents to school at his previous school was because he got into a full-on fight with his classmates.

The boarding school also had someone that was like Xu Xilin, who always had people surrounding him, who also despised Dou Xun just as Xu Xilin did. The only difference was that the "Xu Xilin" there wasn't willing to silence the issue like the one here. He, along with his lackeys, wanted to show Dou Xun who the boss was every couple of days.

Dou Xun wasn't someone that was born to be in a passive position and get beat up. He was proud, very so, and was disdainful of any "bosses" with low intelligence. The tension between the two kept rising. And at last, they all jumped over the walls and out of the dorms, striking the first blow in the dead of the quiet night.

Dou Xun had planned this for two days. Using advantages of any sorts he could find, he beat up five of them on his own. He even drew the dorm warden there before they could get reinforcements. Rightful self-defense, his achievements outstanding......Unfortunately they weren't officially recognized, and his parents were still asked to come to school afterwards.

The teacher called Dou Junliang immediately back then. Dou Junliang passed the waste of time to Dou Xun's grandpa, irritated. Grandpa Dou had coronary artery disease originally, and after hearing what Dou Xun had done, he hurriedly headed to Dou Xun's school, but had his old illness recur instead.

Dou Xun's grandma passed away early on. The old man sent his grandson to a boarding school, and refused to have a caretaker, living in solitude. As he always seemed to be healthy and well, his children never gave much thought about his health. What no one expected that his old illness recurred just like that, leaving his body undiscovered even when it had lost all warmth.

From that time on, the teacher never dared to ask his parents to come again.

In Sixth High School's corridors, Dou Xun had his backpack on his shoulders, trailing after Xu Jin in silence. Classes had already ended awhile ago, the educational building completely tranquil. The fading sunset had only an edge left in sight. Dou Xun walked without noise, the only sound that could be heard in the corridors Ms. Jin Xu's heels' clicks.

Xu Jin wasn't the type of woman that was gentle and affable. Even the back of her head thought more than the average one. Dou Xun wasn't as comfortable around her as he was around Grandma Xu......She was okay though. No one could be worse than the American nun Zhu Xiaocheng.

Xu Jin suddenly read out a phone number, asking, "Do you memorize this?"

Dou Xun froze, and nodded in a daze.

"This is my number. My phone's on 24/7," Xu Jin said, "The next time you get in trouble, get the teacher to call this directly—has your mom ever given you a whooping before?"

Dou Xun: "......"

Growing up, it was even hard to see Zhu Xiaocheng once. He actually had never had the honor of being hit before.

"Hold this for me." Xu Jin stuffed her handbag into Dou Xun's arms.

Dou Xun took it, confused. Just as he took it, Xu Jin whacked at his butt with a folder she took from her company.