iii. boyfriends and reunions

-

-

It had been a few weeks since her 'incident' and she was doing everything she could so she could not be alone with her own thoughts. She had went shopping with Jess and Angela, hung out with the Cullens, played many rounds of Uno with her brother and even went on a date with Mike Newton.

She didn't necessarily like like him but she realized she should give him a chance after all of these years. And, she knew it was wrong to go behind Jessica's back, the problem was that the Korean would not know how to tell her.

Currently the two were on her bed, making out, him on top of her with his arms out to support him, when she pressed a hand on his chest. The boy up her and nodded nervously, he really liked Cayla and even though they weren't serious he didn't want it to end. "Mike, we need to talk."

"Uh sure," He spoke while running a hand through his disheveled hair, "What's up?"

"It's about us. Whatever this is, we need to tell Jessica. She's one of my closest friend and I hate lying to her." She spoke and Mike nodded solemnly. Jessica had liked him for about two years, so her reaction would be bad.

"I'm tired of having to keep this a secret. I want everyone to know that your mine. It's exhausting not telling the guys off when they talk about your nice, soft legs." He said and Cayla let a small giggle come from her lips. She nodded, leaning closer.

"You don't wanna keep this a secret, yeah? Well, me neither." She whispered in his ear. He smirked and pressed their lips together, Cayla reacted immediately by wrapping her legs around his waist, straddling him.

His hands traveled underneath her thighs and pulled them closer. Cayla let out a small moan of satisfaction. Mike then began to press sloppy kisses down her jawline, she tilted her head back and tugged at his messy blonde hair, a groan coming from him.

    Cayla's hands scratched his back and even though he felt him it only drove his lust further. He smiled as he connected their lips again as the two fought for dominance.

Unbeknownst to her, the other Hyan twin was walking towards her door to ask her if she was going to go to his baseball game on Friday. Without knocking he pulled open the door quickly met with a sight he definitely wasn't pleased to view.

"Hey Ca— Oh my fucking god! What are you guys doing?" He gasped when he saw his friend and his sister dry humping on her bed. The two darted away from each other and Cayla stood looking up to her only sibling.

"This isn't what it looks like—" She started to say but was cut off. "It looks like my sister and my best friend are secretly fucking." He spoke coldly.

"No, Connor. We are secretly dating, we were planning to tell the group soon." She was trying to calm him down. Mike stood up beside her and grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together. Conner looked down at their hands and scoffed.

"And what about Jess? Have you thought about how hurt she'll be over this?" He asked and Cayla nodded. "Yeah we've talked about it a lot, this might be the heartbreak she needs to find out move on and start thinking about you." She said. Conner shook his head staring intently at them as he bit his lip, then he warily nodded

"Fine. you guys can date but cplease please don't have sex when we're in the same building." Conner said. The couple nodded their heads vigorously. "Oh, and make sure to tell the group by the end week." Conner then left the room. The couple let out a breath of relief.

"Well, that went better then expected." She breathed out while flopping down on her queen sized bed.

    Another week passed and everything had been revealed to the group. Jessica was about to slap her, but other than the initial shock of the group it was fine.

    It was decided by the group that they would go to Tyler's party and Cayla reluctantly agreed. Something was telling her that it would go wrong, but she planned on attending anyway.

    She had dresssed in yellow plaid patterned high waisted pants with a yellow spaghetti strap top tucked into it. She then pulled on her black high tops and met her brother downstairs.

    "Finally, it took you long enough." Conner told her as he opened up the door and the duo walked outside of their house.

   Tyler's house was only five minutes so they got there pretty fast. The twins stepped out of their small car and split off. Within a matter seconds her and Mike were holding hands heading to the drinks station.

    Cayla had always preferred hard liquor but since she had to go to work the next morning, she stuck with beer. Her hand grasped a can and popped open the tab. Tilting her head the liquid trickled down into her throat.

    "Woah, slow down there." A deep but familiar voice spoke. She turned her head to see  Paul Lahote standing in all of his hotness.

    "What's so bad about having a good time?" She retorted as she walked closer to the Native American. "Do you usually crash parties in Forks?"

    "Even though they are pale faces, some of the girls here are good to mess around with." He shrugged. Paul felt guilty for talking about girls when his soulmate was right in front of him.

    "You're not one for commitment I'm assuming." She commented. Cayla has never really been in a relationship before and Mike was her first, which she hopes she doesn't mess up.

"I guess. You got a boyfriend?" He asked. He assumed not, because he probably would've been with her at the party. Even though he didn't like the imprint bond, he was hoping for her to say no.

"Yeah actually. I don't know if it's serious or not yet." Paul suppressed a growl as he heard that someone had been close to her.

"Oh. Well, just know someone would be stupid to mess up a relationship with you."