v. the pack and beaches

-

-

    Cayla's beat up converse slapped against the dirt underneath her as she made her way to Paul's truck. "Hey," She jumped up into the seat and put on the seatbelt. "How ya doin?"

    Earlier that day she had told Mike that she was hanging out with Paul. He got really mad at her which surprised her considering that she had never seen him angry. He said that he didn't really trust people from the Rez and went on a whole rant about how she didn't actually care about him, Nevertheless, Cayla couldn't help but see him, it was something about him. And, from the moment she saw Paul that day her mood suddenly lifted from the sullen state it was previously in.

"Pretty good. Where are we going?" He asked. She looked over to him, shrugging."Surprise me Lahote." Cayla told him. Paul smirked while tapping his long fingers against the steering wheel.

    "Okay." A comfortable silence engulfed the two. Cayla hummed along with the music as Paul nodded his head to the beat. A perfect duo is what the two were.

    After examining his features for a bit, she spoke up. "Why did you agree to hang out with me? We don't really even know each other."

"Why did you ask me to hang out with you in the first place?"

    "No, don't deflect my question with another one. I mean, who would agree to hang out with someone they barely know?" Cayla rose her eyebrows in curiosity.

    "Uh— I don't know." He shrugged, avoiding the fact that is was the imprint bond that couldn't seem to let him refuse any of her requests. "Now, answer my question."

    "You.. intrigue me." She looked away from his heavy gaze. A smirk tugged at his lips.

"Oh yeah? I tend to have that affect on people." He said, cockily. Cayla scoffed and hit his arm.

   "Hey! Don't hit me I'm driving." He laughed. 'He has such a cute laugh' Cayla thought in her head, looking at all of his features. Paul looked over at the beauty and caught her staring.

    "Checking me out now, are we? Wow Cayla. You got to stop doing these things or else I'll think that you're into me." He teased as a blush formed across Cayla's cheeks.

Cayla couldn't like him of course though. She had a boyfriend, Mike. He was great and even though he told some of the worst jokes of all times he was still great. Though, Cayla could not deny that the chemistry between her and Paul was way better than the one with her and Mike— she obviously wouldn't ever say it out loud.

    "Never in a million years." Paul knew that was a lie. The imprint bond is to strong to ignore, and he felt himself falling for the female next to him.

"This is such long drive. You know what, we should play a game."

"Like what?"

"Twenty questions. I'll ask you first. What is your— aha! — favorite color?" She asked while looking at the green trees as they quickly passed by.

"Seriously?"

"You can tell a lot about a person from their favorite color." She commented.

"That sounds like a load of bullshit." The boy rolled his eyes.

"Hey! Language."

"That's hypocritical considering the amount of times I've heard you cuss." He defended himself. "Those were all for reasonable purposes, of course." Suddenly the car stopped and Paul pulled the key out of the ignition.

"Hey Cayla."

"Yeah?"

"We're here."

-

"Where are we?" She asked as the sound of sticks breaking flooded her ears while they walked.

"My friend, Sam's house."

"Do they know that I'm coming?" She asked. Cayla had heard of Sam before and apparently he was a very closed off person. She definitely didn't want to get on his bad side.

    "Don't worry, they'll love you." Paul reassured her as they walked. Cayla almost gasped when she saw the house, it was beautiful and looked very comfortable.

The two entered the home and the smell of baked goods filled her nose. She saw a woman come out of what seemed to be the kitchen and smiled at her. "Whatever you're cooking it smells great."

    Paul appreciated the fact that she didn't stare or recoil at the sight of Emily like some of the other people in Forks did. Cayla had thought she was beautiful despite the scars that ran down her face.

"Aw, thank you! You must be Cayla, Paul talks a lot about you. I'm Emily." Emily walked over to the two and became surprised when Cayla initiated the hug between the two.

"Emily! I do not even talk about her that much." He exclaimed, trying to defend himself.

Cayla patted his shoulder, "It's fine. who wouldn't love me." She laughed as she flipped her hair. Emily eyed the two as she knew that their connection was going to be very strong.

    "Oh Cayla, you and that delusional head of yours," Paul spoke while shaking his head.  His hand reached to the top of her head and he lightly ruffled her hair, she swatted his hands away.

   "Ew, Paul don't touch me! You're gonna give me cooties." She giggled.

    The door opened and a two guys came in. "Hi, you must be Cayla. I'm Sam Uley." The larger one spoke as he stuck out his hand as the Korean took it, giving it a gentle shake. Sam then took his hand away and placed his arms around his fiancée's waist.

    "Ooh, you must be Paul's imp-" The other guy was cut off by Sam hitting him sharply in the arm.

    "Nice to meet you. I'm Jared." He quickly recovered from the hit and winked at the girl.

    Paul let out a growl to which Cayla turned her head to look at him with shock. He smiled, "Sorry, something was in my throat." Everyone then began to laugh at the lie, excluding Cayla, she just didn't get the 'joke'.

     "Okay, well Cayla and I should probably get going." Paul said, gripping the girls wrist lightly and tugging her towards the direction of the door.

    Cayla blushes and nodded, "Yeah, I hope I see you guys later." She said.

    The two left the house, walking beside each other with their shoulders brushing every once in a while.

    Cayla has never really been to La Push before, considering she was on the paler side of skin tones but she wished that she would have known the beauty of the tiny reservation sooner.

As they were walking Cayla noticed that the collection of dirt, branches and leaves turned to soft sand. She looked up to see the beautiful beach, gasping.

    "It's so pretty." A small smile appeared on her face.