xiii. baguette

His legs propelled him forward, his body suddenly filling with adrenaline that increased his strength, fueled from what he had just heard mere minutes ago

    His legs propelled him forward, his body suddenly filling with adrenaline that increased his strength, fueled from what he had just heard mere minutes ago. This was all absurd to him, it was a nightmare. But this time it was one he couldn't wake himself up from.

   Growing up, he had always tried his hardest, and done his best to overcome the competition— just so he could be successful in the future. All he wanted to do, just like many others in the boring town in Washington, was escape. Conner felt constantly out of place, no matter which friends he had, and always just felt the desire to escape.

    What others didn't understand, is that when you have a twin, you always feel yourself comparing yourself to them. Even though Cayla was his best friend, he felt himself becoming increasingly more jealous. Seeing her get along with the student body, get grades that made their stern parents she'd tears of joy, it all looked so easy for her. Meanwhile, on the flip  side Conner was having difficulty even coming home with a C.

    So, when high school started, he made a choice. He would no longer stand in the shadow of his younger sister. He found himself involved in sports, excelling in all the classes that his twin couldn't.

    And from there, he was finally able to walk on the same pedestal as Cayla. He liked doing sports, but couldn't help but feel that he was doing it for all the wrong reasons. Nonetheless, he accepted his new social status, and found himself surrounded by new people.

    As Conner ran he didn't notice a thick log that laid across the forest floor. His foot that was only had a blue Spider-man sock on it, had just barely caught on the edge of the wood. Conner tumbled to the ground and rolled continuously until he was laid out on the side of the road.

"What if I took a small nap?" The Korean wondered aloud. His this fingers ran through his own hair, running over the bump that had been caused by the fall. A slight since fell from his lips.

"Wow. . . . the sky is so pretty. And blue. Well would you look at that! It's a car!" Conners' hand hovered in the air as he outlined the white puff in the air, to be frank, the cloud didn't even resemble a car (more like a bunny). The sound of car tires became louder as he laid on the ground, but quickly stopped. Looking up at the blurry figure.

The man above him had blonde hair? Who did he know that had blonde hair? Mike? Ew. Without thinking twice, Conner grabbed onto the figures collar, shaking him quite aggressively.

"Hey! Conner! It's me— Carlisle." Conner immediately released his grip on the vampire, his vision fading into darkness.

-

Cayla has been sitting on the couch when her phone started to ring. She pulled the device out of her pocket and furrowed her eyebrows at the name that popped up. Edward? What would he call her for? They were friends, but he didn't really enjoy technology. As she became more concerned, she accepted the fall and brought the phone to her ear.