~ Part 1~

Naruto's POV

Hello, my name is Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze. My parents were Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki. They died protecting the village and sealing the 9 tailed fox in me. That was their first mistake. Their second was that they thought I would be hailed as a hero. How could they be more wrong. Ever since I can remember I have been beaten every single day. But they had only gotten more severe since I was 6. That was when I developed my depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Kurama, the 9 tails, is kind and caring, unlike how he is told to be. He, Gaara, Jiraiya, and the 3rd Hokage are the only people that care for me, unfortunately as I get older Jiji doesn't have time for me and Jiraiya can't stay very long in the village, so Kurama is really the only one there. Gaara is in another village so he is also unavailable.

I was stronger and smarter than the average shinobi at age 6, and only grew from there. I unlocked my mother's and father's jutsu and have developed my own. Kurama has taught me all he knows, and I am very grateful. A skill only I, and very few others, have is all the elemental affinities. I am able to create and use these elements in my jutsu or for just passing time.

The elements move at my will and follow my movements, but I am not permitted to use them when others are watching. I will seem dangerous, like the monster I am.

I am also not allowed to show my true skills as a shinobi, therefore I am not allowed to fight back against the villagers when I am being beaten. I am forced to have a mask very few know of. All four I have mentioned earlier that actually care for me, know my true power and identity.

I am now 12 years old and inside the classroom waiting for Iruka to call out teams. Earlier today we did the genin test, I passed obviously, and Mizuki was caught for trying to steal the sacred sealing scroll. Lets just say Iruka is a lot more kinder to me and knows about my abilities.

Almost everything hurts from last night when I was beaten, and self harmed. Now I have another migraine. Those happen quite often, but it doesn't make it any better when the screaming banshee and Ino came rushing into the classroom. Ino was better than Sakura, where as she doesn't love Sasuke and just pretends to, to get on Sakura's nerves. I think it's quite amusing.

It is quite hard to keep everything to myself. Always left in the dark, no one to talk to, no one to help, and the only one who always there, just doesn't feel like enough. I know I seem selfish for wanting more, but I feel so alone and scared in this world. Often at night my memories keep me awake and when I do sleep I usually wake up 2 hours later with a nightmare.

I never had parents to help me when I was scared, like when lightning struck, or when I had nightmares. No one to care for me when I was sick. No one to help my wounds. No one at all.

I envy other kids with their parents, like Sasuke. I often see him having fun with his brother. And Sakura, she always had it easy. That's why I don't want to be on a team with either of them. I wouldn't mind Sasuke, cause' I think I have a crush on him. I am not certain but my chest feels tight and my face heats up around him. People say that's what a crush is, but I refuse to believe that.

"Naruto Uzumaki," Iruka called my name out for the team7. Oh god.

"Sakura Haruno," I groaned and hit my head on the desk in front of me. That didn't help on migraine, and neither will Sakura.

"And Sasuke Uchiha." god, the two people I didn't want to be stuck with, are on my team. I put my hands on my ears to cover them for the loud noise which is going to occur in...

3

2

1...

"YEAH! SUCK IT INO-PIG!!" ugh my head hurts. Can this please be over now?