4. Liam and Calc

'Just breathe,' I told myself before having to enter this lesson.

It wasn't so much the maths that scared, but rather the fact that I had to share this class with Liam.

I wasn't some lovesick fool that couldn't contain my feelings or anything, but then sometimes I felt this weird kind of 'heart racing and palms sweating' sensation around Liam.

However, luckily this time, I have Julie with me in this lesson, someone to distract me from his presence in the room.

Julie and I stood by the doorway of the classroom, and as if on instinct, my eyes wandered over to the back of the room, where Liam and his friends usually sat.

My breath hitched slightly, and I mentally scold myself for once again having this kind of reaction when I saw him.

Julie nudges me slightly and gave me a questioning look.

I just smiled and shook my head at her.

I really can't tell her about my pathetic crush on my neighbour.

It's bad enough that I think I'm stupid for feeling this way, I don't want her to think the same.

We then walked into the classroom, and I began walking to my usual seat, with Julie walking along right beside me.

I thought it would be nice if we sat together. Plus, it's her first Calc lesson at this school, I'm sure Mr Lewis won't mind me helping the new girl and having her sitting next to me.

Or at least I hope so.

As we were approaching our seats, I felt eyes on me, and not from Julie.

I looked up and saw Liam looking at me, but it was a weird look, something that I can't seem to decipher. He's never looked at me like that before, and even his friends were looking towards me.

"Hey, are you okay? You have this confused look on your face," Julie asked to me, as we sat down.

I blinked out of my confused state.

"Oh what? No, I'm good," I said, and then paused. "Quick question. I don't have anything on my face do I?" I asked Julie.

The way Liam was looking at me right now, had me a little paranoid. There had to be a reason, right? I mean, he's not just looking at me, to look at me.

Julie looked over my face for a second, and shook her head. "No, you're good,"
She said and smiled.

Well if there's nothing on my face, then what the hell is that look he was giving me? It's weird.

Even as I saw down, I could still feel eyes on the back of my head, and I know that they belong to Liam and the boys.

Doesn't help that I sit directly in front of them as well.

The universe likes my suffering, so I happened to be assigned the seat in front of them.

Liam, Holden, Andre and Chris. They're the main boys from the popular clique. Or more accurately, they are the clique.

Liam, Andre and Chris are on the football team and Holden's on the basketball team with Danny and Max.

Surprisingly, Danny and Max actually think Holden's alright, despite him being part of that group.

Being part of that popular clique, naturally it meant that they were all pretty good looking. It's all quite cliche in that sense.

They all stand so freaking tall, it hurts my neck to look up at them for too long.