14. Cafeteria Friendliness

Serena

After a bunch of classes in the morning, we having another lunch in the cafeteria, although this one was slightly more interesting, thanks to my dear friends.

"...Babe, I didn't mean it like that," Max said, trying his hardest to convince Flo.

"You basically called me fat," Flo complained.

She was quite sensitive to any comment made about her looks or weight. It wasn't a vain thing, but rather due to some unpleasant experience with bulling, that led to her being like this.

"No, I didn't..." Max started to say.

"You did," Flo stated, interrupting him.

Max then looked towards the rest of us, and when he did, I stopped between mid-bite of my sandwich.

"Rena, Julie, Sara and Mel. Can you please tell my beautiful girlfriend, I did not call her fat," he asked us.

Max's face looked like the saddest puppy, as he literally begged us to help him out.

"Oh, you so did." Sara then, unhelpfully, chimed into the conversation.

This girl just loved to rile people up.

"Shut it, Sara." Max glared at her, since it was clearly not the answer he was looking for.

Instead of actually shutting up, she carried on talking, which wasn't surprising at all. I'm almost shocked at how he didn't see it coming.

"You did, you said 'you're really going to eat all those chips?' in that kind of tone," Sara said.

She was clearly enjoying this and we couldn't help but watch and laugh at this entire interaction.

"Because I wanted some," Max then tried to defend himself.

Sara shook her head and clicks her tongue, giving Max an unimpressed look. "Should've just asked, instead of calling her fat."

Max looked like he wants to kill her.

"Sara," he said her name, sounding completely pissed off.

"Max," Sara replied with a grin, enjoying this too much and not effected at all, but his previous tone.

It wasn't like he was going to do anything, anyway.

Flo then shoved her tray in Max's direction, which made a loud smacking sound on the surface of the table. "Here, have all of them. I'm going to the library," she said, before getting up from the table and walking away.

"Flo! Please, baby," he begged, as she walked off.

He watched her walk away and I rolled my eyes.

"Well go after her, you idiot," I told him, pointing out the most obvious thing he was meant to do in this situation.

As if sudden realisation hit him, his eyes widened. Max jumped out of his seat, shoved some chips in his mouth, and then began to run after Flo.

"Why must you rile him up?" Mel asked Sara, assuming her peacemaker role.

Sara laughed. "Because it's fun and Danny's not here for me to do that," she said, with a smug smile.

We all knew that Danny and Sara liked each other.

The little arguments they have, messing with each other, it's just the way they show it.

It was like how, when the boy pulls on a girls pigtails because he likes her. Although I don't agree with that saying at all, it was kind of true with Danny and Sara.