12. Perfect

Liam

Rena has been avoiding me all day.

This morning, I was waiting by my car, checking to see when Rena would leave her house so I could speak to her, and hopefully make up for my behaviour yesterday.

When I saw her walk out her front door, I could see her drooped shoulders, her head kept down. She was sad, and no doubt it was because of me. She didn't even glance my way, clearly I wasn't a face she wanted to see.

Ever since I left her house yesterday, I felt like complete shit. I must've hurt her real bad and that's the last thing ever I wanted.

I needed to at least apologise, but before I could even take her name or approach her, I saw Danny's car waiting for her.

I waited till Rena got into his car and then drove off. Now wasn't the time to talk, but hopefully I could get a moment with her at school.

***

Throughout the day, I kept waiting for Rena to just look my way at least once, but she didn't.

Some of our lessons were together and I tried to be early, hoping that when Rena would walk in, she'd see me and I could get a word in before the lesson actually started.

But that didn't work, because she just kept her head down.

I understood that she was trying to avoid me and must still be pissed off.

She's not wrong to be, I know that.

After practically pushing her away, I only just apologised for how selfish I've been in the past, and the moment she's gracious enough, I basically asked for her help with another girl.

She doesn't even owe me shit. Rena could have easily punched me in the throat as soon as I spoke up, but she didn't, she listened.

Of course, she'd be mad and doubt what I said. But I just need her to know I was serious, if only I could get her to listen to me just one more time.

Every time I missed my chance to speak to Rena, my mood deteriorated even more. I've been completely off.

Holden, Andre and Chris have been trying to find out what's wrong with me.

They could sense how distant I was, not talking or laughing in with the jokes, but right now there was only one person on my mind, and whenever I pictured that saddened look on her face, I felt so bad.

The guys assumed that my mood had something to do with Julie, and then tried to encourage me to just approach her, but I can't.

Not before I talk to Rena at least, she's my priority right now.

***

It's the end of the day.

I've waited for the entire day for Rena to just look at me once and she won't. I whispered her name in one lesson and I couldn't even tell if she heard - she didn't gesture in any way for me know she was listening.

I hadn't realised how much my words would've hurt her, until now. I don't even think she's smiled today - or at least I haven't seen her to do it.

Clearly, I know what I have to do. I have to put the smile back onto Rena's face.

So, I formed a plan, it wasn't the best plan nor was it the smartest, but hopefully it would work.

My last class ha senses a little quickly, and instead of waiting with the guys, I told them I had something else to do, and a little like a creep, I waited for Rena in the hallway.