Chapter Thirty-Five

"Olive! Are you ready yet?"

The sixteen year old swore under her breath, lacing up her sneakers tightly. She was running just a little bit late for the Diggorys.

That was an understatement.

Ollie had totally overslept, and woke up just about fifteen minutes before she was supposed to leave. She didn't mean to... she had just been up late writing. Olive wanted to finish her story before she left in case she happened to forget anything.. plus she didn't want to be rude to her family and write when they were being nice and had invited her to go to the tournament.

"Coming!"

Quickly she grabbed her overnight bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she ran out the door. She was wiping toothpaste from the corners of her lips, and was trying to tuck a few stray curls that had fallen out of her hasty ponytail. Ollie just hoped she didn't look like a mess.

"Good morning." She said, hiding the fact that she was slightly out of breath from running around for the past fifteen minutes. Cedric and her Uncle Amos were seated at the kitchen table. They looked as if they hadn't been sitting long.

"Ah! Olive, my dear. How are you?" Amos kissed his niece on the cheek, giving her a tight hug, "It's been so long!"

"Good." The sixteen year old smiled shyly, "I really appreciate you letting me come along."

"No worries." Amos nodded to his son, "It was Cedric who suggested it to me."

Cedric gave a look to Ollie, as if silently apologizing for his father's usual antics.

"Ollie, you have everything?" Missy asked. She was still in her pajamas, as it was still dark outside and way too early.

"Yup." The Ravenclaw nodded, "I'll see you later?"

"Be safe." Missy gave her sister a hug, and then turned to Cedric, "Keep an eye on her, Okay?"

"Missy!"

"Don't worry, Olive will be fine." Cedric affirmed.

The sun was just about ready to rise when they had set about walking. The Portkey that they'd be taking to the World Cup was just a five mile hike down the countryside.

"Good summer?" Cedric asked, keeping his pace even with Ollie's.

"It's been alright." The teen admitted, "I haven't left the flat much."

"Really? Why not?"

"Missy was worried." Olive sighed, "After what happened last term... she has been keeping a closer eye on me."

Cedric eyed Olive's collarbone, where the corner of a scar was peeking out of her shirt collar. It was pink, raised and uneven. Every once in a while Ollie would tug at her shirt as if to pull it over the flesh.

"How are you feeling with everything?" Cedric asked, "We didn't get to talk much when it happened."

The Ravenclaw shrugged, "It's been okay... it happened and I would just like to forget it, you know?"

"Yeah..."

Olive gave her cousin a look, her lips pursed as if to say she was done with this conversation. Well, she was. Ollie didn't like to talk much about her scratches. Even to Missy, or the Healers at St. Mungo's. She just wanted to forget it.

What happened had happened, and she didn't want to be treated differently because of it.

"How has Uncle Amos been after what happened with Quidditch?"