Chapter Sixty-Two

"Olive."

"Mmmph?"

"Ollie, are you awake?"

"Mhmm."

"Ollie."

It was nearly two in the morning, and Natalie was desperately trying to wake up a sleeping Olive, who had dozed off into a surprisingly deep sleep while writing about an hour ago. The blonde knelt beside Ollie's bed, poking her friend gently in the cheek until she opened her eyes.

"Did someone break into the castle again?" The blue-eyed Ravenclaw mumbled, yawning shortly before rolling over.

She closed the notebook on her chest, wrapping her arms tighter around it as she closed her eyes once more to get some sleep. It was a rarity that she was even tired before three, and she wasn't going to waste that and wake up again.

If Nat didn't seriously need to talk with Olive, she would have laughed. However, she pulled the blanket off her legs and shook her awake.

"No. But I need to talk to you." The blonds rarely ever sounded nervous or unsure, "It's serious."

Olive rubbed her eyes, suppressing another yawn as she slowly sat up. Her vision was blurry from just waking up, her mind heavy and clouded with fatigue. She had gotten back into her bad habits of staying up until the early hours of the morning writing, or changing into her cat form and sneaking around the empty halls of the castle just to clear her head.

But she'd rather be exhausted the next morning than not help out one of her closest friends.

"What happened?" Olive asked sleepily, shaking her head to wake herself up a bit more, "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

Nat looked around the dormitory, where both Cho and Marietta were sound asleep. Waking them would not be a good idea, especially since she wanted to keep what she was about to tell Olive quiet.

"Let's go to the common room." She tugged on Ollie's arm, "It's quieter."

Still extremely groggy from having been woken up, Olive slipped on a pair of warm socks and wrapped a blanket around herself before following Nat out the door. She did her best to remain quiet, though her coordination wasn't too great merely a few seconds after being woken up.

As she tip toed into the common room, she found Nat on the sofa by the fire, her legs tucked underneath her. Olive was silent as she walked over, taking a seat beside her friend. Her blue eyes were studying Natalie, trying to deduce what was bothering her.

The raven-haired teen wrapped the blanket more tightly around her once she was sitting down on the sofa, knees brought to her chest. She waited patiently for the blonde to talk.

"Remember what Jasper said?" Nat asked, her voice unusually low. It was unlike her to be quiet like this, to speak with uncertainty, almost trembling through her words, "At the party a few months back?"

You don't even like boys.

Olive had remembered what he said, she was sure everyone who was there did despite the obscene amount of fire whiskey everyone ingested.

"Nat." She grabbed the blonde's hand, "Everyone was drunk that night. It-"

"What if it's true?" Natalie gave Ollie's hand a quick squeeze before letting go. She leaned back against the sofa, her eyes staring into the dimming fireplace. Her lips were drawn tight over her teeth as she spoke, her hands grasped tightly at the knee.