Chapter One

3rd Person -

"Angel it's time to go downstairs, Katherine Pierce is arriving soon." Damon tells his daughter walking into her room to take her downstairs.

"Daddy!" Angels squeals running into her Fathers arms, wrapping her tiny arms and legs around him. Damon bends down to accept the hug before standing up with her in his arms walking out the door and starting to descend the stairs.

"Daddy?" Angel questions not moving her head from its place in his neck softly playing with his inky black hair.

"Yes Princess," Damon answers subtly holding his daughter closer to him as he reaches the bottom of the stairs.

"Who's Katherine?" Angel asks innocently her voice not any louder than a whisper.

"She's a friend of Grandpa's, she's going to be staying with us for a while." Damon answers speaking softly to match her tone. Just as Angel opens her mouth to most likely ask another question Stefan yells to announce that Ms. Pierce has arrived.

Reaching the front door Damon softly puts Angel down holding out his hand for her to take, which she does. Opening the door they walk outside Angel letting go of her Fathers hand to stand next to her uncle. Angel watches with fascination as a regal and beautiful looking women gracefully steps out of a carriage walking to stand in front of them. Angel watches quietly as the women introduces herself to Stefan first, then her Father.

Suddenly frightened of the women Angel moves to stand behind her father grabbing onto the bottom of his shirt for comfort. Thats when the women notices her, Katherine looks down at the child her eyes softening slightly at the sight of her long blonde hair and light blue eyes. Katherine bends down a soft smile on her face, curiously Angel peaks out from behind her fathers leg her own blue eyes meeting Katherines brown ones.

Feeling strangely safe around her Angel slowly steps away from her father to stand in front of the brown eyed women holding out her tiny hand out in front of her.

"Hello," Angel says softly her sweet voice filling Katherines ears making the smile on her face grow slightly.

"Hello little dove," Katherine says softly as not to scare her, "my names Katherine Pierce." From that moment on Katherines plans changed, instead of using the Salvatores as her own personal toys she decided to try something different, maybe just maybe she could finally have a child of her own.

-------

4 years later -

4 years had passed sense Katherine had come to stay with the Salvatores, it was surprising she had managed to stay hidden this long.

"Mom," Angel asks knocking on Katherines door shaking her out of her thoughts, walking over to the door Katherine opens it instantly met with the sight of her beautiful daughter even if not by blood.

"Yes Angel?" Katherine asks a smile making it's way to her face, Angels presence had a way of doing that to people no matter how sad or angry they had been previously. Removing her hand from her back Angel pulls out her favorite pink hairbrush she had gotten for her birthday the previous year.

"Can you do my hair?" Angels asks shyly playing with the bristles of the brush softly. Katherine nods her head yes a wider smile on her face. Katherine loved the young girls, beautiful almost white hair that went down to the bottom of her butt. Moving aside slightly to let her in she takes the brush from her daughters nervous hands directing her to the vanity chair.

"What would you like done with it today?'' The mother asks her daughter already starting to brush through the young girls hair to remove all the knots.

"Can you braid it?" She asks her bright blue eyes filled with happiness.

"Of course," Katherine says setting the hair brush down to grab some elastics for her hair. Just as  Katerine returns with the hair ties the door is thrown open, Giuseppe standing there his hands behind his back.

"Hello Grandfather," Angel whispers softly turning around to face him. Angel never spent a lot of time with her grandfather as he was always busy and didn't seem to care. Stepping inside the room much to both women's surprise Giuseppe started to move to stand right behind them watching both in the mirror. Turning back around with a confused look in her eye she looks down at her lap wondering why he had come to speak to them, he had never done so before.

Katherine slowly picks up the hair brush again to part the hair into two parts for the braids when she hears her daughter let out a startled watch out. Not turning around quick enough she feels her neck being snapped before nothing, her daughter being the last thought in her mind.

"Mom," Angel yells quickly jumping down from the chair running around to where her body laid shaking her softly all while mumbling quiet wake up's tears clouding her eyes. She feels arms wrap around her picking her up, she looks up her teary eyes meeting the unforgiving ones of her Grandfather.

She starts to struggle around before she's placed in a small dark closet, she struggles a few seconds longer before the pressure point on her neck is pressed putting her to sleep.

--

Waking up slowly Angel starts to panic quickly open the closet door and running out, she's lost until she remembers everything that happened her eyes widen as tears start to form. Running down the stairs she makes it outside yelling for her parents trying to avoid the men carrying guns.

"Daddy!" She yells finally spotting her Father in the mass of people, turning around Damon notices his daughter running towards him at full speed. He meets her in the middle picking her up and holding and close rubbing her back softly.

"Daddy where's Mommy?" Angel asks trying to stop crying.

"I don't know sweetheart," Damon answers his daughter softly worried for the women as well. Just as Angel starts to calm down a gunshot runs through the air meeting it's target, Stefan. Angel screams jumping away from her fathers arm in fear landing on the floor.

Damon looks down to his daughter telling her to stay there before running over to Stefan picking him up and starting to cry. Another gun shot rings out and Angel watches as it hits her father in the middle of his chest. Turning around Damon yells out a strained love you to his daughter before the light goes out of his eyes as well.

Letting out the biggest scream she can Angel runs over to her Uncle and Father yelling at them to wake up full on sobbing now. She turns around as someone grabs her shoulder seeing a man with a huge rifle pointed right at her. Just as he's about to shoot his heart is ripped out of his chest and she's pulled into familiar arms. She sticks her head in the crook of their neck sobbing louder than before.

"It's okay, I'm here now," Katherine whispers softly holding the girl closely before speeding away into the night her precious daughter in her arms determined to keep her safe.