Chapter 9: Safety

Keigo's POV

I managed to get the people out of the grocery store. It was a good thing that some heroes came in and started extinguishing the fire. Now to find (y/n)...

I flew around the second floor to look for her but she wasn't there. The structures of the building is almost breaking down and I have to hurry. I flew to the ground floor, thinking that they might have come down. As I landed, I spotted two people standing right in the middle of the mall. One of them looked too familiar to me.

"Hey! You need to get out of this mall now," I said. The two didn't move an inch, but I can hear a chuckle come out from one of them.

"How nice of you to say that, hero..." when I caught their faces a sudden realization dawned unto me. The other guy was Dabi, an infamous villain. I don't know who's the other one but he's probably one of them.

"Dabi, did you cause the fire?" I frowned at him.

"Not all of it, I had a few people to help me," he shrugged as if it was just a small thing.

"Why?"

"We were ordered," he shrugged again "Oh, and you might want to move from your spot."

The structure from above me fell off but I had quickly dodged it before it landed to the ground. When I flew backwards I could feel someone's presence behind me. My wings sensed heat coming my way, so I flew up.

"Aww, I almost hit you there..." I turned around to see Dabi, blue flames surrounded his right hand. So they're trying to cause a fight here, huh?

"Well you gotta aim fast if you want to burn me," I smirked.

(Y/n)'s POV

We ran inside a fire exit led by the unkown girl. A few people were also with us as we ran.

"We're almost there!" the girl said. The door in front of us opened without anyone touching it, we made it. We got out of the building along with the others. Outside were a lot of people, including the police and news reporters.

'I need to hide!' I looked around, on the corner of the mall lies 8 large boxes all stacked together. I ran there and hid behind them, hoping that the reporters won't see me. While hiding, I remembered Keigo. I didn't see him go out of the mall yet. What could he be doing there?!

A news reporter babbled about what was happening, I decided to listen to her. Peeking my head a bit, I listened intently to what she was saying.

"... three more heroes arrived at the scene and are now trying to rescue the rest of the people stuck in the building. Meanwhile, Hawks is in a battle with two unkown people inside the burning building! The first person is suspected to have a powerful fire quirk."

'He's fighting with two people?!' a part of me wanted to help him, but another part of me said that I shouldn't go back. I'm in a battle between me and my cowardliness.

Keigo's POV

I dodged another attack by Dabi. Whenever I struck a feather towards him, he'd turn into a weird goo. That was all thanks to his ally's quirk. The structure is quickly collapsing but our fight is still ongoing. I launched my feathers at Dabi and the other villain.

"Eh? Is Hawks getting tired already?" Dabi mocked. I ignored his statement and continued to fight.

"Yo Dabi! We gotta go, the boss in need of our presence," the man beside him spoke.

'Boss? Who's the boss?' I can't let them get away. They just burned down a mall and injured multiple people! And as a hero I have to defeat these villains.