14. Food Fight!

Chapter 14: Food Fight!

After the party I was now in the dog house. Grounded for three weeks. Dad, like most parents was no happy with me returning home at nine in the morning after having to walk cause no one was sober enough to drive, with the added bonus of been hung over. It's one week into my sentence and I can't say I've heard too much from Alec. He wasn't even at school, I texted him and got the vague response of 'Busy. I'm fine. Text you later.'

"Jay! Jay! Jay!" My little sister screamed in excitement.

"What! What! What!" I said, less excited then she was as I looked but from my book.

"You know I don't really understand why you're in trouble," She said as she sat on my floor with her favourite barbie in hand. 

I chuckled, "Was out with a friend a bit too late," I told her, being vague about the details. She doesn't need to know the embarrassing details, neither does dad for that matter.

"With Alec?" She asked, giggling loudly.

I raised my brows at her, "Why would that be funny?"

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked me, ignoring my question.

I sighed loudly. "What can I do for you hun?" I asked, not wanting to talk about Alec.

"I want to play!" she giggled, holing up the barbie doll.

I frowned a little at her, "I'm busy, homework time for me." I told her as I patted my book, earning a frown in return from her.

Just as she was about to protest the door bell rang. "I'll get it!" She excitedly sung, forgetting about her barbie, dropping it on the ground. Saved by the bell. Literally. I watched as she flung herself excitedly down the stairs. I chuckled to myself as I turned my concentration back on my maths homework. Absolutely hatted maths. It frustrated me to no end.

"Juliette!" Brooke yelled out to me from the bottom on the stairs.

"Not now Brooke!" I yelled back, shoving my glasses back up my nose. I didn't particularly like them, but I refused to wear contacts so I either put my glasses on so I could see or I blindly walked around. But I really needed them for reading stuff.

"But-" She started.

"No buts! Find someone else to play with. Unless you want to do my algebra." I yelled back at her, cutting her off.

"I knew you were a nerd. But I didn't know you were mean," I gasped as I turned around to see him staring at me with a smirk plastered on his face as he lent against my door frame.

I quickly removed my glasses, embarrassed he had caught me with them on, "What are you doing here Alec? I'm grounded remember?" I sighed raising a brow at him.

"Yeah, nice to see you too babe," He chuckled as he collapsed onto my neat bed.

"Alec?" I said folding my arms and looking at him through narrow eyes.

"What? Can't make time for my favourite girl?" He said, wriggling his eyebrows at me flirtatiously. I frowned at him and he chuckled.

"You're Alec." We both turned to see Brooke hovering in the hallway holding her barbie.

"Yeah, Brooke this is, ah, my friend Alec, Maddie's brother," I stuttered.

She quietly giggled. "I know." She said then looked up at Alec, "Do you want to play?" She asked him.

"What are we playing?" He asked, then turned to smile at my now disappointed face. He had to say we.

"Barbie dolls," She smiled, holding up her doll.

"How about hide and go seek? Or tag?" He suggested. I chuckled, guess the guy doesn't like dollies. She frowned a bit, obviously not intrigued by his offer. Pity, tag could of been fun, could of tackled him to the ground, maybe even left a bruise. An intriguing thought.

"How about a food fight?" He asked, a smile lighting up his face as he wriggle his eyebrows at her.

"Yeah!" She laughed loudly, dropping her doll.

"Absolutely not!" I said sternly, getting off my study seat to stand and glare.

"We never said you have to play," He replied, running down the stairs with Brooke following suit.

"Alec! Brooke!" I complained, closing my book then shutting my door on the way out.

I ran down the stairs in a hurry before things got out of hand. Only I was faced with nothing. It was silent, too silent.

"Alec?" I warned creeping further into the kitchen.

"Now!" Next thing I knew there was an egg flying towards me.

Splat.

Hit me square in the chest. I watched as the yoke slowly dripped down my front. I looked up to see Alec sniggering and Brooke gone way past historical as she rolled on the floor laughing.

"When dad gets home, I swear-" I started as another egg hurtled towards me. I ducked, barely missing it. "Oh, that's it!" I said with a determined face before running towards their collection of food on the bench. I grabbed the bottle of milk, twisting the lid off and pouring the whole bottle over his head before he even had time to react. Once all the milk was over him and dripping into the floor, I took off fast.

"Get her!" Alec yelled as he picked up the egg carton and started to run after me.

"Oh no you don't!" I said with determination as I ran towards the cupboard.

I knew what I needed now. Flour. I grabbed the whole bag of flour and ripped the seal then ran towards Alec screaming with a warrior cry as I went. He threw a few more eggs but I didn't care. I ran till I was right in front of his dripping wet body. I smiled a bit before dumping the bag right over his head.

"Oh!" He gasped as the flour flowed down his body and stuck.

Brooke gave me a high five as we laughed hysterically at the now white Alec. "Nice one!" She giggled.

Next thing I knew I was on the ground, struggling to breath and I was looking up at Alec. "Get off of me you fatty!" I huffed loudly trying to free my arms so I could hit him.

"Nope," he replied, popping the 'p', with his big fat smirk. I tried to move but it was hopeless. So instead I tried to roll him over. That he was not prepared for so I managed to roll us over so I was now the one on top of him, straddling his hips.

"What's going on in here?!" We turned to see my dad plus two of Alec's mates, James and Jared.

"Oh, um," I stuttered as I flushed red as I very quickly jumped off of Alec. I saw the boys smirk widely at us. Dicks.

"What happened here Juliette?" My dad snapped as he took in the mess. Oh crap.

"Dad, I'm so sorry!" I sighed as I took in the room myself, eggs everywhere, puddles of milk and flour dusting the room.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. I'm very disappointed in you." He said, picking up Brooke and carrying her upstairs, probably to get her side of the story and cleaned up.

"Jared, James," Alec nodded at them as he picked himself off of the floor, glancing over at me before looking back to his friends.

"So what really happened?" Jared chuckled.

"Jay was just fulfilling her fantasises," He winked at me before walking towards them.

I quickly picked up an orange from the fruit bowl and aimed at his back. Score! I got his head, even better!

"Ow! What the fuck, Juliette?!" He turned to glared at me.

I shrugged, "Oh nothing. Just fulfilling my fantasises." I said with an innocent smile.

Jared and Thomas laughed loudly at that. "She's definitely a feisty one," James chuckled.

"A good arm at throwing fruit too," Jared agreed.

"But we already know that." James laughed, referring to the party and the pineapple. I rolled my eyes as Alec narrowed his at me. This was going to be a very long night.

Edited
Addie xx