Chapter 5

My breath hitched in the back of my throat as we made eye contact. He was devilishly handsome.

He had pitch black hair and crystal blue eyes. He watched me contently as I walked down the stairs.

I felt drawn to him, so drawn to him. Like a magnetic force was pulling me over to him, but I rejected that feeling. Why?

Because I knew of the Alpha and what every women here wants from him, I am not going to be one of those girls, I am not going to fall under his spell.

There are better women here anyways.

I walk over to Cali and Layla, "looks like Mr. Badboy Alpha is looking at you," Layla chuckles.

I squirm and blush as I look back at him having a conversation with someone else while looking straight at me. He had a huge build, he definitely worked out everyday.

I look back at Cali and Layla and shake my head no.

"Oh come on, he's a total lady killer," Layla laughs, "even I had a crush on him once upon a time, but I got close to him and he's more like a brother to me now."

I lightly laughed.

"Still can't speak?" Layla looks at me and I blush, "we should try helping you speak sometime," she pokes Cali that she was going to help.

Cali looks over at Layla, "sure," then gives her a stern look.

"I need to get some punch, want to come Cali?" Layla pipes up, clearly they said something with that mind talk thing.

"Sure," they walk away. Leaving me alone.

I lean against the wall looking at my fingers, at all the scars on my hands. Scars are gross, I'm gorss.

I hear a someone clear their voice standing on front of me. I look up and there stood the Alpha of this pack. He stood dangerously close to me, our toes basically touching. My face inches from his chest.

"My name is Gabriel," I bow my head nervously under his stare. His blue eyes piercing through mine.

"You're the one I saved, aren't you?" He puts his finger under my chin when I don't look up at him and makes me look at him in the eyes. "I recognize the sent."

I shake me head yes.

"What's your name, Love?" My heart starts to get pains and butterflies are in my stomach as I look into his cool blue eyes. Women are staring at us now, probably wondering what the Alpha is doing with me. I shiver under his stare.

Please. Don't hurt me.

I open my mouth and try to speak but I couldn't, so I closed it again. "What's your name?" He stiffens, clearly getting agitated. After a long still silence between us he angrily put his hands to his sides. Every movement he makes causing me to flinch. I could help but think he was going to hurt me.

Cali walks over to us, thank you Cali! "Excuse my brother he gets mad easily," she smiles at me. She turns to Gabriel, "her name is Dawn and she is mute."

Just then the door opens and who do I see?

My father.

My heart drops and panic arises, I tap Cali and dozen times and hide behind her.

"Wha-?" Cali says, I point to my father and she clues in what's happening. My legs basically go weak as I'm almost hanging off of her. I couldn't control myself.

"Is that who-?" I shake my head rapidly. Her facial expression goes cold.

"What the hell is go-?" Gabriel started to speak. They must have been mind speaking for a bit because silence fuelled between the three of us.

And just then, something snaps. When Gabriel looks down at me and then back up at my father. I instantly want to run. He went cold.

Cali brings me over to Layla in the far back but close enough to see.

Cali walks out beside her brother and listens to their conversation.

*******
(Gabriels pov)

She was abused!?

By that sick fu-

My thoughts were covered up by Accalia speaking to me in my head. "You cannot tell him we have her, she could be put in danger along with the pack."

She was right. As much as I wanted to beat his face into a pulp. I couldn't endanger her and the pack.

What's wrong with me?

I look down at Dawn who's eyes so beautifully innocent looked back up at me. Is she who I think she is?

She looked afraid, terrified.

"Cali, take her to Layla."

This time I spoke to the whole pack. "Nobody is to tell any other packs or friends about us saving the rogue, it is for our safety and hers."

I exhaled the breath I was holding when Cali left I walked over to the man with white hair and brown eyes, anger boiling in me I think of Dawn.

I calmed down and took another step towards Alpha Raanan. Him and my father were good friends.

"Congratulations Gabriel," he collapsed his hand onto mine with a manly shake.

"Thank you Alpha Raanan."

Cali walks over to us and smiles, "hello their Cali," Alpha Raanan smiles at Cali.

"Hello Alpha Raanan."

"Say have your men heard of a rogue running around? One of my prisoners escaped about four or five days ago. She was very important," he looks at Cali and I.

Anger boiled through me again. I took a breath, "no I haven't but I'll keep you and your pack posted if I get any rogues."

"Remember though," Alpha Raanan looks at us, "they can be dangerous so be careful kids," he smiles. Kids? I'm 20 years old and I'm alpha of my own pack.

"Will do," Cali spoke calmly.

"The specific Rogue I'm looking for has Black hair and blue-green eyes, she is a little pale and is really small, she might tell you her name is Dawn, but she also might lie to you and say her name is something else, I need her back in my pack as soon as possible," he smiled, "anyways, I just came here to say congratulations on becoming Alpha Gabriel, but I need to get going, my pack is going crazy without me," and with that the old man walks away.

I look back at Dawn who's eyes are focused on me, she relaxes when we make eye contact. She is stunning and looks enchanting in that dress. She smells like strawberries, and it's not her perfume, she smells good.

Cali walks back to Dawn while a women walks up to me, hitting on me. And all I want to do.

Is go see Dawn.

*****